USB 2.0 problems

tucker451

Solid State Member
Im having problems with the USB ports on a PC I put together from some new and some old parts

The build (forgive me for not knowing some things):
Windows: Windows 7 Home Premium x64
MOBO: Intel DP55WG
CPU: Intel core i7 860 @2.8GHz
RAM: 8GB
Video: ATI Radeon HD 4350
Power: Corsair TX650Watt
HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 7200 64MB
Network Connector: Netgear WNA3100

I have 2 USB ports in the front and 5 in the back. I plug my keyboard and wireless adapter into the front and mouse in the back. I would plug my mouse into the front but if I do it wont be recognized when the computer boots up. If I unplug it and plug it back in it works fine. The keyboard works fine when plugged in in the front. And the mouse works fine when it is plugged in in the back. The wireless adapter lights up on boot up but does not connect to the internet. It lights up at two brightness levels though. If it is lit up the brightest I can just right click on the internet icon on the task bar and select troubleshoot and it will diagnose itself and connect. "Problem with wireless adapter or access point" is the message I get when this happens. If it lights up on at its dimmest I need to unplug it and plug it back in. Sometimes it connects and sometimes I need to do the troubleshoot method.

I have tried this with two separate wireless adapters. I have also tried this adapter on a separate computer and it works flawlessly. I would have assumed that it was a driver issue or hardware issue and nothing else if my mouse did not have the same problems when the computer boots. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver for the wireless adapter.

However the most confusing part for me is that when I start up my Guild Wars 2 client the internet connection completely drops and if I try to troubleshoot the connection while the client is running I get this message- "The Netgear WNA3100 N300 Wireless USB Adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problems". Only if I shut the client down and unplug and replug in the adapter will the it reconnect to the internet.

And perhaps the most annoying part is that the adapter will disconnect from the internet randomly. I get the little yellow triangle over my network symbol on the task bar. I simply "troubleshoot" and reconnect.

Any ideas? This is driving me crazy. Yes I will get an internal network adapter as soon as I can but I would like to solve this problem for now.

Back
Top Bottom