Any tips before I build my first pc!

TheNonchalantGamer

Baseband Member
I have researched and triple checked that all my parts are compatible and all that. I was just wondering if there are any tips on how to make it easier or how not to break something...just overall pc building tips:) Thx.

When I build, I like to install the CPU, heatsink and RAM before installing the motherboard into the case.

Be sure you have the motherboard standoffs in where the mounting holes will be. Check and check again.

Be patience and if you feel confused, walk away for few minutes. Also make sure you are static free before handling the components.

What I'd do is to plug in the PSU to the GROUNDED outlet but be sure it's turned off. Touch the PSU housing to discharge yourself and do that once in a while. If you have carpeting this is a must. Also don't pet your pets.

LOL, I know what you mean. I just built a system over a month ago and adding stuff to it month by month. :)

My first build took about an hour or less. Then I tinkered with the cable management for a while.

It wasn't as scary as everyone makes it sound. It wasn't as exciting really either. It's just like a puzzle, the pieces generally only fit in one spot and you just snap everything together, load the OS, and your off and running. Sometimes people get more worked up about things then they need to ;)

Back
Top Bottom