ASUS M4ATD-EVO (Motherboard)

LordChristoff

Solid State Member
Hey, hows it going? I am new to computerfourums.org so may I first take this time to say hello. Secondly I am getting a new Motherboard soon the "ASUS M4ATD-EVO" As stated in the title of this thread, to which I have no experience with. It is coming with a "AMD Phenom 2 X4 955 Black Edition 3.4Gz"
Although this is alright, I would like to at least upgrade it to a 4.0Gz Processror or higher. I have no idea what this motherboard is compatible with and have tried searching Google for the answers and have not prevailed.

If any of you in this vast community could tell me what AMD CPU which is 4.0Gz or higher could be compatible with this motherboard, that would be amazing :)

Cheers

Chris

The motherboard seems to have an AM3 socket (for the processor). I can't find any processors faster than the one you are getting that fit that socket. However, I'm not all that good at hardware so maybe someone else will be able to offer more advice.

Awesome, Thanks for the help, on another note, I can not find the Ethernet drivers for the M4A7TD anywhere.. Could somebody link them for me?

Processors that fit standard AM3 Socket:

Athlon (AM2+)
Phenom (AM2+)
Athlon 2 X2/X4 (AM3)
Phenom 2 X2/X4/X6 (AM3)

You'd have to check your compatibility list to see supported models, just because it fits doesn't mean it will work optomally. With ASUS I'd imagine they'd all be supported.

The black edition was the top end of the X4, the only way you'd get an upgrade would be to move up to the Hex-core. However, most games still don't fully utilise Hex core.

Black Edition were good for OC'ing, so i'd recommend trying that instead if you're comfortable.

Processors that fit standard AM3 Socket:

Athlon (AM2+)
Phenom (AM2+)
Athlon 2 X2/X4 (AM3)
Phenom 2 X2/X4/X6 (AM3)

You'd have to check your compatibility list to see supported models, just because it fits doesn't mean it will work optomally. With ASUS I'd imagine they'd all be supported.

The black edition was the top end of the X4, the only way you'd get an upgrade would be to move up to the Hex-core. However, most games still don't fully utilise Hex core.

Black Edition were good for OC'ing, so i'd recommend trying that instead if you're comfortable.

You cannot install an AM2/AM2+ CPU in an AM3 socket because the AM2/AM2+ CPUs lack the DDR3 memory controller.

You can install an AM3 CPU into an AM2+ socket.

Back
Top Bottom