A Project

What Should We Do?

• Total voters
Great that we now have more interest. Before I add the poll can we get more suggestions?

Forum

Blog

Hardware project

Review site

Errrrm out of ideas.

Let's think of some more then we will add the poll.

We could do a site that incorporates all of the above.

Blog

How-To

Reviews

Forum

Knowledge Base

With respect and by all means don't take just my opinion BUT I'd suggest we don't bite off more than we can chew. Let's aim for 1 thing that does the job really well rather than something that does many things averagely.

For my if there is a hardware project I think it needs to be a hardware and software project. Something where hardware con either be read or controlled online.

Either home automation with software made to interface with and control the hardware.
Or some kind of environmental monitor where software can read data from the hardware.

That way those without hardware can also participate.

As much as I'd love to do a hardware project I think that it might be too big.

I am crap for coming up with project ideas... I used to be good at it. I've wondered if it has anything to do with my ADD or anxiety pills... I digress.

I say we build a cell phone! Verizon eat your heart out!

I think a blog would be too basic. There isn't much to it. All you need is a few text fields, a usable GUI (which isn't that difficult for a blog) and a database system that can store the blog.

I think that while it's been done a lot, making forum software would be a good way to get people experiences with something that requires some designing and planning both on the server side and the GUI. I love working on the server-side of things that interface with a database and I think this would be a great way to show what kind of work is really involved in making a good back-end.

Also, has anyone put any thought into code distribution? We'd need something like SVN or Git so we can collaborate and share code properly.

I have a dev license to MS and could use team foundation server for source control.

Also many other nice perks to the dev license :)

Back
Top Bottom