Presario F700 Problems

Moren0

Baseband Member
Hello world you guys are provably aware of the problem certain HP & Compaq laptops have, in which the laptop turns on momentarily and then shuts back down. Does anyone know any solution to this problem? Is it possible to do a motherboard bios flash? I already try removing the battery & the power cord turning it on then connecting the cord and try turning it on but still nothing..

All your help & replies are much appreciated!

Nope the laptop doesn't turn on at all but it never overheat it. Do you think the cooling fans not running properly can cause the computer to malfunction and prevent it from turning on?

nops they will not prevent it from turning on i think.. it will turn on for a few seconds or minutes and then go off..

Not sure if this applies to your problem. I have a toshiba laptop that was doing this. If the adapter was plugged in, the power light would light and the battery light would light. When I powered on, the hard drive light would flicker once and the laptop would go dead. I disassembled down to the mother board and found it to be fried. Had a burn spot about the size of a dime.

Im going to take it apart to clean it up and look for any burn spots. Thanks.

If I may add one note. If you Google "presario f700 service manual", you will see it on the HP site. I recommend you download it and follow the direction for dis-assembly. It is easy to brake something if you do not follow the instructions. Let us know what you find and Good Luck.

Back
Top Bottom