Current system
Manufacturer-Cyberpower
Picture of mother board - http://postimage.org/image/k3c4ryfdn/db408f9b/
Processor-AMD Athlon(tm)II x4 630 2.80 GHz
RAM-4.00 GB
Power supply-Seasonic M12II 520 bronze 520W ATX12v
Graphics card-Radeon HD 7850 1GB 256-bit
operating system-windows 7 64-bit

Also my computer says i have 4GB's of ram but only 3GB's are usable so i probably need more ram, whats some good brands? Would i need to upgrade my motherboard along with a cpu upgrade?

Last edited by a moderator:
Save your pennies. You should really upgrade the board, chip and RAM as that is DDR2 RAM.

If your computer says that you are running 3 gigs of ram when you really have 4, check to make sure that you actually have a 64 bit OS. 3 gigs is approximately the cap for a 32 bit OS, so that sounds like the issue there.

As far as upgrading, I agree with OhSnapWord because that system is pretty outdated to be throwing money into. I've got a computer of about that age that I've now assigned to working as a file server.

Yeah I have to agree not to waste your money on that. It's obvious you're running a 32bit system and to use all 4gigs you need a 64bit system. Hardware and the OS have to be 64bit.
It still works from what I gather so keep using it and save up your money to put toward a newer system. Keep an eye on the Sunday newspaper. The sale flyers from office supply places, even Wal-Mart will have some killer one shot sales. That's the time to pounce.

Yeah I have to agree not to waste your money on that. It's obvious you're running a 32bit system and to use all 4gigs you need a 64bit system. Hardware and the OS have to be 64bit.
It still works from what I gather so keep using it and save up your money to put toward a newer system. Keep an eye on the Sunday newspaper. The sale flyers from office supply places, even Wal-Mart will have some killer one shot sales. That's the time to pounce.
When i right click on computer and go to properties in system type it says i have a 64-bit operating system.

Back
Top Bottom