Have Two Sata & IDE, HDD In Desktop?

Just an update - The part has arrived today, I have had to change power supplies, Installed a new DVD drive and got rid of CD drive, Now to play the ram guessing game..

smiley-cheers.gif
No problem.

I'm curious, why do you want the 40 and the 80 gig in with your 500 gig HDD?

Did you know that you can partition your 500 gig HDD into two or more drives?

EDIT: by the way I have my 500 gig HDD partitioned to C: and D:. That way I can run Windows on C: and archive files on D:. Whatever happens to C: like crashes or reinstalling/upgrade Windows will not affect the D: drive. It will remain intact.

Well, as long as the drive doesn't crap out. :)

Last edited:
Celery said:
I'm curious, why do you want the 40 and the 80 gig in with your 500 gig HDD?

Did you know that you can partition your 500 gig HDD into two or more drives?

EDIT: by the way I have my 500 gig HDD partitioned to C: and D:. That way I can run Windows on C: and archive files on D:. Whatever happens to C: like crashes or reinstalling/upgrade Windows will not affect the D: drive. It will remain intact.

Well, as long as the drive doesn't crap out. :)

Yes I did know that you can do that but just haven't tried it. After installing ram and graphics card I will fresh install windows and then it..

Good deal. When you install Windows you'll have the option of partitioning your drive, just tell it how many MBs you want for your C drive and then you can prepare the partitions before Windows begin.

So it power on and I suspect it is something to do with the button as I have had trouble when I first got it..

Back
Top Bottom