Crashes.. Crashes everywhere...

Manulin

Solid State Member
Ooooooookay so i recently upgraded my whole pc and decided to install Windows 7 Ultimate with the new gear. Well, everything was running just fine the first day, but suddenly things just started to crash. First it was firefox, 3 or 4 crashes per active minute i was using it. Then FarCry 3, which i completed just fine, crashed a few times (now i have no audio in-game). Later i changed to chrome, and now the freakin tabs crash! League of legends is unplayable (constant crashes). Along with these crashes, ocassionally the shitty blue screen would appear, and restart the computer. And sometimes it takes me several tries to initiate windows 7, since casually it decides to restart before opening. I'm pretty sure the new hardware can't be the problem, but maybe my HDD is causing all these problems. So what's the cause of all this? W7? my old HDD? Both?

What did you add?

It sounds like it could be the HDD but it could be faulty RAM or something else.

Did you take all the new hardware out and reseat it?

Do you still have the old harware that you could put back in and see if it still happens? This could narrow it down to the HDD or the new hardware.

I really don't think the new hardware is the problem, i got a Gigabyte motherboard 970A-D3, AMD Fx-4100, G. Skill Ripjaws 2x2gb, my graphics card is an ati hd 4670, i fully installed all drivers and my comp is faster than ever. I read on the internet that many people are having issues and crashes with the same version of windows (7 x64) i have.

Well I can say that I have run Win7 Ultimate 64 Bit for years without such issues. Do you have the chipset drivers installed?

I ran both tests, the HDD one with the "Western Digital Data Lifeguard Diagnostic" extended test, and it came out fine. And after i ran the other test with the memory diagnostic tool that comes with windows 7 (which took me 3 hours btw) and nothing, it's all okay. I'm guessing it's the version of W7 what is failing to work correctly, so i'm gettin another copy to see if that's it.

Back
Top Bottom