Keeping my laptop cool?

LOLZpersonok

In Runtime
In my signature, you'll see those specs of this laptop I got yesterday...It's an HP Envy M6-1184CA and it's a very nice laptop. It runs very, very cool when I'm on the Internet, typing up word documents or doing some Photoshop/Adobe Premiere Work. In Photoshop and Adobe Premiere it only gets somewhat warm, but it's very mild which is surprising because most other laptops I find would run warmer when doing the same thing.

It also plays games very well. I can run GTA IV at medium-high settings and still get smooth and high framerates. Minecraft runs very smoothly too.

But the thing is, this laptop gets quite warm when I play games on it. The processor rarely exceeds 50 degrees Celsius (It's normal running temperature seems to be around 45-47 degrees Celsius) but both of the GPU's reach about 63-65 degrees Celsius when I'm playing games but that's usually as hot as they'll get even if the laptop's fan is running at maximum speed. Their normal temperature seems to be about half of that. When playing games, the left palm rest gets really warm, almost hot. It doesn't burn my wrists even if my wrists have been sitting on it for a while. When the fan is running at the maximum speed, it'll also be blowing out really warm air, like the palm rest, it's almost hot. But not hot enough to burn or even cause any discomfort. In all honesty, I don't think it would cause too much worry, but I do worry because I want the GPU's to run cooler than 65 degrees. I'd preferably would like to get below 55 and would love to get below 50.

I know of some people reaching much higher temperatures when doing the same thing and having some kind of cooling method that gets them down to my laptop's temperatures. But I want it to be cooler.

I don't just want a laptop cooling pad, is there anything else that I can do to help cool it down? Also, What is the best and most effective cooling pad that I can buy? I'm not worried about the sound that comes from it, I used to sit in front of a really noisy computer for a while.

Last edited:
If you have the heat on in your house it's sucking in heated air to start with. Close the vent in your room and open the window a bit.
Other thing is you have to keep lappy's clean too. Canned air and a tooth pick work wonders. Towel down first. Fit the baby over and put the tooth pick in the fan blades to keep it from spinning. Blow out the intake vent and the exhaust vent. Remove tooth pick.
Filp her over and boot her up. Should run a little cooler. But just be aware in the winter when the house is warm more computer systems, lappy or desktop, will run a little warmer.

If you have the heat on in your house it's sucking in heated air to start with. Close the vent in your room and open the window a bit.
Other thing is you have to keep lappy's clean too. Canned air and a tooth pick work wonders. Towel down first. Fit the baby over and put the tooth pick in the fan blades to keep it from spinning. Blow out the intake vent and the exhaust vent. Remove tooth pick.
Filp her over and boot her up. Should run a little cooler. But just be aware in the winter when the house is warm more computer systems, lappy or desktop, will run a little warmer.

There shouldn't be any dust or other stuff inside it because it is brand new. My house generally remains at 21 degrees Celsius, but in my basement, it's about 17 degrees Celsius.

Laptops cooling systems are inherently bad to start with. Kinda like putting a sound system in a car and make it sound right.
Your video systems are going to get hot by nature when playing graphic intensive games. Maybe a cooling pad will help.
Personally I don't understand why makers of laptops build systems that get hot by nature with out giving more thought to how to keep them cool.

Back
Top Bottom