A Project

What Should We Do?

• Total voters
So we have 4 members so far who are interested, If you want to be apart post here or click the link for the group and request to join...

Okily Dokily so we have:

BK_123 - Social Media + Some Web

Deepesh1193 - C and C++

Vampist - PHP -CSS and HTML

root - back end coding so i'm guessing various things around HTML

OhSnapWord - Design - Photoshop

Myself - C# .net - HTML - CSS - MS SQL - a little PHP.

So it looks like we are definitely looking at something web based.

The question is which path to go down for the heavy coding side of it?

Of course my personal preference would be C# as it's what I do for a living but does anyone else know any C#?

Combo one would be HTML / CSS / C# / MS SQL and ASP
Combo two would be HTML / CSS / PHP and MS SQL (Or MySQL)

But to help us choose let's get an idea for what we are going to coming up with?

I like the idea of a blogging software, or blogging website.

A nice simply website that will allow you to log into the admin section, create new posts that dynamically creates new web pages which could be either all coded or produced on the fly from SQL and include the usual comments, thumbs up thumbs down, different layouts / colour schemes etc.

Any other suggestions?

Let's not vote on this just yet, let's get some suggestions in a pool have a think about it then we will create a new thread with a poll.

root, I completely agree about a project manager and i'd like to nominate myself as project manager (of course that doesn't mean I will be project manager, it can be a shared role if we would like or anyone else is completely free to put in their 2 cents). I'm a C# developer in the daytime and I've self managed many 400+ hour projects successfully.

From arranging meetings with our customer to discuss the requirements, putting specifications together and confirming it with the customer. Then agreeing timescales and expectations with the customer and then of course developing the actual requirements within those timescales reporting progress to the customer at all times.

(Feels like i'm writing a cover letter to a job).

Last edited:
Well looks like a good plan Stan, and its a start. A lot of programmers and members who have some web skills getting involved which is good.

Remember we are still wanting members so list what you can do and then we can go from there..

OK Guys

What do we think for Project Ideas?

Blog Software

Forum Software

A Game? (Given our members, we would be looking at some form of puzzle type game as opposed to graphical)

Any other suggestions?

I am a student.. will get a nice experience by this.. I am going to work on java, PHP, HTML and CSS soon.. So in few months I would be programming in these too..

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

Forum Software

forum software like??

seeing these many os for mobile i think we should make a dual boot software for mobile.. :lol:
mozilla, android, ubuntu, windows, symbain, ios, black berry etc.. :lol:

Forums Software like . . . . . one we create?

We will create it from scratch (if it's the chosen project).

From layouts, to adding new threads, Thanks buttons, replies, managing accounts, moderators, permission etc.

Back
Top Bottom