What android Launcher and ROM are you using?

BikerEcho

Fully Optimized
I am a big Android fan. i have used it sense Android 2.2 (Froyo) and it has gotten better, faster and Smoother sense then.

my first android was a HTC Desire. very good phone, and still is. i only rooted this one. didn't dare to flash it at that time.
then i got a HTC Evo 3D. the GSM version of that phone was difficult to root, so i didn't do so.

i now have a Galaxy Nexus. it was easy to root and i installed AOKP build 39 ICS ROM on it. i now use Cyanogenmod 10.
Cyanogenmod have android 4,2 and AOKP does not currently. i plan on going back to AOKP. it has NOVA as stuck launcher and i think they usually make a more feature packed first build of a new Android Version. (they do however usually release it later then Cyanogon)

So what ROM do you use?

Launchers:
I tried ADW, launcher Pro, Zeam, Gingerbread Launcher, Go Launcher, Regina, Launcher 7, Apex, Nova, Smart Launcher, Claystone, Atom and EZ launcher. so yeah, i have tried a good deal of them.

My favorites once are:
Launcher Pro: it's a fast launcher that looks like stuck android with more features. not much more to say, but it does the job.
Go Launcher: Very theme able launcher and it is packed with features and widgets (those can also be themed).
-------------i do however think that it is getting more and more sloppy with updates and i'll not recommend this for slow phones.
launcher 7: gives your phone a metro look and it's perfect for small and more low profile phones.
Smart Launcher: This will make a phone faster and more user friendly. give your grandpa this one. he will LOVE it
Nova: A stuck like looking launcher with a great deal of features and it's fast. you do however need android 4.0 and up and it cost 4$.
------there is a free one, but it is missing some important features.

Nova is my favorite launcher because it does the right things... it is trying to be stuck, but in a way android should be stuck.. if that makes sense. you need to try it your self.

What's your favorites?

Last edited:
I still use the stock rom.. i rooted my phone once and then unrooted it back.. i have a micomax smarty a25.. its cheapest android phone.. :p
but its 1 Ghz MT6575 processor is good enough..
and my favorite launcher I ever used is Go Launcher.. didn't try any other yet..

haha. if the phone works for you, then it's all you need. :)
Why did you root back?
are you installing themes for go launcher and are you using the go widgets?
if not, check out Launcher pro. it might make your phone feel faster.
if you are not using widgets at all, then check out Launcher 7 and Smart launcher.

I was using it.. actually my phone has 256 mb RAM.. and the micromax company is a low cost company you can something like branded china.. :p
so I needed the warranty so i rooted back.. and when I rooted it CWM was not available and also stock rom was not available so I just made it look like unboxed.. Now someone has modded CWM for it.. and also I found the stock ROM.. so will see if I root it back.. or after one year.. :p

i have never even heard of micromax.

I can understand that you don't want to use time doing it. i just found it online.
How is it like having a 2,8 inch display? :lol:

Samsung Galaxy Note
Stock ROM ICS 4.0.4
Nova Prime Launcher

Those are my present settings. I did use the stock TouchWiz launcher for a long period of time as well.

ROMS I have used:

Paranoid Android and CM10

They were both JellyBean 4.1.2 but I left them and went back to stock cause they have a bug within all JB ROMS for the Note that causes them to reboot randomly. While I do love JB and all that it has to offer, I just couldnt live with the instability of JB on the phone.

I have ADW EX Launcher as well but have not really used that much, even after the recent update. After finding Nova there really hasnt been much reason to switch to ADW anymore. I bought ADW back when I first got my Samsung Captivate and it was a wonderful piece of software.

yeah. same here. Nova just works for me.
when i used Go launcher i was so addicted to try out new themes and change stuff all the time. i am happy to have settled with nova.

Suck about the rebooting. i have had that problem my self. it's fixed now.

i have never even heard of micromax.

I can understand that you don't want to use time doing it. i just found it online.
How is it like having a 2,8 inch display? :lol:

just can have android in budget.. :D
it's good to have a small phone in palm and pocket instead extending palm to catch big one.. :p

I used to have a HTC Wildfire S running 2.3.5 gingerbread, I hated every minute of using it so glad I have my iPhone now which is much better and easier to use..

Back
Top Bottom