No audio

mugabe

Solid State Member
Can some one help me here,i bought a used Advent T9307 Desktop computer for my kids reformat it and reinstall XP services pack 3,have so far install all drivers.have checked Device Manager and no yellow mark there,am hundred percent sure that i have install all drivers.but the problem is that No Audio coming out,am really stuck here.The Monitor already has speakers and it will not work,have tried external speakers no sound as well.Do not know what to do again,please i need help.
Thank you and advance.is this a problem with the sound card that i have to change or what is happening?
Please please help me.

Make sure the speakers are plugged into the audio out (Green usually) plug and not the microphone or audio in ports.

Make sure the volume isn't muted. (Start>Control Panel>Sound)

Sorry i did not stated that in my earlier post,it it already plugged into the Audio jack,the green one,have tried the one at the back and the one in front.with no luck

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

sorry please what do you mean is my speakers amplified?The monitor has internal speakers did not work and tried with external speakers still no luck

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

Are your speakers amplified?

sorry please what do you mean is my speakers amplified?The monitor has internal speakers did not work and tried with external speakers still no luck

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

Make sure the speakers are plugged into the audio out (Green usually) plug and not the microphone or audio in ports.

Make sure the volume isn't muted. (Start>Control Panel>Sound)

Sorry i did not stated that in my earlier post,it it already plugged into the Audio jack,the green one,have tried the one at the back and the one in front.with no luck,No the volume isn't muted.

I would say that the audio driver is not installed correctly or it's the wrong one. You've verified that the speakers work on another computer?

I would say that the audio driver is not installed correctly or it's the wrong one. You've verified that the speakers work on another computer?

yes the speakers works on another computer,well i cannot say this but am very much sure the drivers are the same,ok i deleted the Audio driver and reinstalled again.and i believe its the right driver.so at this point its not the sound card right?

AH HA!!! What I thought. It's internal and it's VIA.
Go to the VIA website and download the chip drivers. Look on the motherboard for a 3/4 to 1 inch square chip with the VIA logo on it. Right under the logo will be a model number starting with VT. That's the driver you're going to need.

Here's the specs on that thing: http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/advent/pc/t9307.htm

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom