Hardware Removal Help!!

Moren0

Baseband Member
Hello world I recently remove some hardware from my desktop which is an acer aspire m5800 can removing this hardware result in my cpu fan running faster & louder then before? if not what can be the cause??

all your help is much appreciated...

No it cannot, the only way to make your CPU run faster is to upgrade your CPU or overclock it, What are the specifications of your desktop?

I think you misunderstood my question I am not trying to make my cpu fan run faster, it just started doing it by itself once I remove some hardware which almost caught fire it was a usb & audio hub. I also decided to remove other hardware that I didn't use which was a phone line card, can the removal of this hardware have cause the cpu fan to start running faster? or could it be something connected wrong on the motherboard?

thanks for the help.

Maybe. I doubt it, but it could be that now you're using the on-board audio card in place of the other card. This falls onto the CPU to handle now where before the card did all of that work.

Slim chance that it'd make a noticeable difference like this though.

Did you give the cpu's heatsink a inadvertent hit or loosen the hold down screws?
Only way you're gonna get that sucker that hot is to have broken the thermal paste bond between the cpu and the heatsink.
Shut down the machine first.
Take the heatsink off and clean off the old paste.
Clean off the old thermal past from the top of the cpu chip.
Apply a grain of rice dab of new paste (Artic Silver 5 is real good.).
Using the edge of a card smear the paste around the top of the cpu chip until it's even all over.
Line up the hold downs on the heatsink with the holes in the motherboard and set it on the cpu chip.
Secure down one clip then the one on the opposite side.
Then the other two.
Let sit for a few minutes.
Start up the computer and let sit at idle for about 30 mins.
Start up your hardware monitoring program and check the temps.
If under 100 F put the spurs to her for about 15 mins while watching the temps. Open up a couple of youtube vids. That should be enough.

Taking out unused cards does nothing but relieve a very small amount of power and free up some minor space on the drive when you uninstall the device drivers.
It's minor. Very minor.
I have to assume the usb and audio you refer to is the front of the case connections. They are just connection ports. They don't have drivers nor do they draw power. The usb will power a device plugged in to it but the port otherwise is a dumb port. The audio port is just connector. To disconnect those ports is unwarranted really.

I have an idea what's going on. It sound like your PSU's getting weak or underpowered. When you removed some components it freed up the power that was feeding them. I can see why your fan sped up as it's getting more power to it.

Sounds about right? :)

EDIT: on second thought after what you said about the component almost on fire, in that case it's drawing too much power. Your PSU may be ok after all.

Last edited:
I have an idea what's going on. It sound like your PSU's getting weak or underpowered. When you removed some components it freed up the power that was feeding them. I can see why your fan sped up as it's getting more power to it.

Sounds about right? :)

EDIT: on second thought after what you said about the component almost on fire, in that case it's drawing too much power. Your PSU may be ok after all.

sounds right to me.. also i guess the cpu needs to handle less things now as the devices are removed..

Thanks I repair the problem I reset it the bios settings and that seem to fix the problem the CPU fan went from 4k rpm to 2 k rpm and everything seems okay do far thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom