Making my sites elements align correctly in driffrent screen resolutions

WYSIWUG

In Runtime
I am having an issue when I change my resolution from 1280x800 to a lower one, the whole sites pictures, tables and text is all over the place. How can I fix this (in the css?).

What resolution were you in when you put it together to start with?
Fixed width or float?

Ok so you have a fixed width of 1280X800. When you look at it in a lower resolution it's not set up for it. The browser pushes all the componits together. Some slide over and under each other. The text gets mashed up. Best bet is to make the site float out to the full width using the width: auto command. IE may not take that command so for IE it would be width: 100%.
Then the width of the site floats out to the left and right borders of the browser no matter what resolution you look at it in.
HOWEVER...
You have to have a minimum resolution the site will fold down to and still be functional appearance and feature wise. I'm not sure but I think the command is width-min: xxx. xxx being the smallest width the site still looks and functions correctly.

^^^^^^Correct

.allpagedefault is for the <div> tag that envelopes the whole page. I.E <body class="bgcolour"><div id="allpagedefault"> blah blah blah...</div></body></html>

I use Microsoft expression web 4

Back
Top Bottom