AMD vs Intel

Yes they are faster and they are expensive and it's worth it, Down the track I hope to build my own desktop with Intel cpu and/or upgrade my laptop to an Intel cpu..

Just been compairing the Intel i7 3770K and AMD FX-8350 (researching my next build)

The new AMD FX-8350 offered clearly better performance than AMD's previous flagship desktop CPU, the FX-8150, in PCMark 7. Unfortunately for AMD, even the Core i5-3470 has no trouble outpacing the FX-8350 here, in every one of the PCMark 7 tests and the overall score.

I think I will be going i7 again :)

I've been an AMD user for a heck of a long time. My old system was an AMD X2 3800+ with 2 gig DDR2 ram and it served me well for 5-6 years. It still works as a matter of fact but I ran into the limitation of my mobo only seeing 2 gigs of ram.

As the software and the net are getting more sophisticated I started having memory crashes so I had to build me a new system but I was able to use my SATA HDD and DVD-RW as well as my Vista Home Basic in the new system.

Ok so I researched and realized that I was behind in technology and had to learn what's hot and what's not. Since my needs are rather just using the net and play movies and flash games I don't need much. What I found out though were the advances Intel made and because of that I picked the Intel Celeron G540 Sandy Bridge CPU. I never liked Celerons before but this is a very interesting CPU. It's $50 at Newegg and I got the Asrock H61M-DGS mobo for $45.

Bought a PSU, 2x2 Gskill 1600 rams and a case as well. No video or sound cards, it's all onboard. I have to say this system really run good, pretty darn fast too.

I already ordered upgrades for this system which is the Intel Core i3-2105 ($25 off), 2x4gig Corsair Vengeance mems ($25 gift card) and Win 7 64bit Home ($25 off). Gotta love Newegg. :)

Yep, I've gone Intel. :D

Back
Top Bottom