How do you view somebody's PC screen live from another PC?

Espajos

Beta member
Hi there,

I have an large excel spreadsheet that I need to go through in detail with a client. The client is in a different state, but the same country.

He needs to be able to view the spreadsheet while I go through and explain all the line items in detail (there are hundreds) and the formulas. We will communicate either via skype or via a phonecall.

Are there any free programs out there that we would both be able to download so he can view my computer screen live while I go through the spreadsheet?

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jay

If you have older Windows (XP infrastructure), you can achieve this with Microsoft NetMeeting.

If you have newer Windows (Vista and onwards), the only free solution that I know of that is native to Windows is Remote Assistance by Windows Live Messenger, assuming you only need 1-to-1 collaboration.

Logmein and Team Viewer are aimed towards remote support but they will allow you or your client to share your screen. I use Logmein for repeated remote access use but Team Viewer has a lovely stand alone link to click that doesn't install any software that will allow your client to give you a code that you use to access their machine, or the other way around.

Alternatively I've used and loved https://join.me/ and Cisco WebEx Web Conferencing, Online Meetings, Desktop Sharing, Video Conferencing

Back
Top Bottom