windows media player creates duplicats in playlists

mikee

Fully Optimized
my windows media player in windows 7 randomly creates duplicates of songs in the current playlist I am listening to. Its almost as if it highlighted a bunch of songs in the middle of the playlist and copied and pasted them right back into the playlist. When I close wmp it doesn't give me any messages about saving the playlist yet when I open the list again there are many duplicates. I just finished deleting over 80 duplicates from a playlist yesterday and my playlist went from about 130 songs to 220 all because of these duplicates again.

Anyone know how to make this stop happening it is very annoying

sounds weird. i just tried it with no problems.
maybe you are adding more songs then 1 without knowing it. like if you previously have marked a song to add to a playlist but somehow it has not been deselected. so when you try to add another you add the new one aswell as the previously added song, because you have marked 2 songs instead of only the one you wanted.

I have had this problem before too, I don't bother with Windows Media Player. I use VLC for watching videos and iTunes for listening to music..

I just like the way music shows up in wmp with the artist then album art as a heading and scrolling through songs based on artist and albums I have from that artist is there any other media player that has that functionality.

I tried mediamonkey because I heard good things about it but I didn't like its layout because the artists and albums are just all in one list and have no separation between them which is hard on my eyes

I only use iTunes because I have to use it sync my iPhone and iPod and to listen to a scanner which isn't illegal where I live, Have you ever tried iTunes mike286?

I used to have Itunes I have a ipod touch 2nd gen which I don't use anymore and don't have itunes installed right now

can i sync non ipod devices using itunes or just itunes? I have a sansa clip + that I sync with WMP

Back
Top Bottom