Help please?

Nugget2012

Beta member
Hi I was just wondering if anyone could help me find a book on how to fix/maintain computer as I am very interested and would like to do this as my job in a couple of years.

About the book it must useful/relevant and cheap

Reading a book isn't gonna cut it. May give you an idea about what you're wanting to get in to.
Find a tech school around you and check in to the computer courses. If you're in the US you might be able to get a grant to pick up the tab.

Also you can learn it by urself by googling, through forums.. and by doing it practically..
Note: its not so easy so you may break the components and you may have to replace them so if you are going to do it by urself then be ready to take the risk..

As Setishock has said you best off taking a course that way you get the skills and knowledge that you require..

Hi I was just wondering if anyone could help me find a book on how to fix/maintain computer as I am very interested and would like to do this as my job in a couple of years.

About the book it must useful/relevant and cheap

Upgrading and repairing computers by Scott Muller would have to the best reference books available and will teach you all the fundamentals of computers.

Highly recommended.

Sold in most countries

Upgrading and Repairing Series | Que

i got most of my computer knowledge by myself. (the rest was the education i just finished ½ year ago)
I learned via a few books, forums, Computer related RSS feeds, "trial and error" and by some teachers. I learned most by "trial and error"
In general having a good interest and research when you hear about something you don't know are gonna get you started.

Last edited:
i got most of my computer knowledge by myself. (the rest was the education i just finished ½ year ago)
I learned via a few books, forums, Computer related RSS feeds, "trial and error" and by some teachers. I learned most by "trial and error"
In general having a good interest and research when you hear about something you don't know are gonna get you started.

I too got it the same way by trial and error. My desktop is assembled one. So the retailer gives 1 year warranty i.e, service free. So in that one year I have done a lot of experiments. I have got my hard disk replaced once. My dvd writer was broken so I opened it completely to see its working mechanism. I have changed my SMPS two times (it was due to voltage problem) so opened the faulty one too. And saw the what is in it. Had an old hard drive of 6 GB which was not working opened that too and got how hard disks store data. Have broken my CPU fan myself. Replaced it.
And in the software you are free to do anything as how big the problem be mostly a clean install of the os repairs it.
Still learning don't know so much of computers. And reading threads in the forum helps a lot too. And also can ask my doubts freely to the experts here. This forum is awesome. And thanks to all the members for helping us. :)

I too got it the same way by trial and error. My desktop is assembled one. So the retailer gives 1 year warranty i.e, service free. So in that one year I have done a lot of experiments. I have got my hard disk replaced once. My dvd writer was broken so I opened it completely to see its working mechanism. I have changed my SMPS two times (it was due to voltage problem) so opened the faulty one too. And saw the what is in it. Had an old hard drive of 6 GB which was not working opened that too and got how hard disks store data. Have broken my CPU fan myself. Replaced it.
And in the software you are free to do anything as how big the problem be mostly a clean install of the os repairs it.
Still learning don't know so much of computers. And reading threads in the forum helps a lot too. And also can ask my doubts freely to the experts here. This forum is awesome. And thanks to all the members for helping us. :)

You had all that break in only one year? Holy crap... Get your money back or something... damn.

Back
Top Bottom