New Gaming Laptop

br0ken0ut

Beta member
Hello all,

I'm contemplating buying a gaming laptop but I am unsure as to whether or not the specs I have had a look at are sufficient enough to do what I have planned.
The laptop model is an Alienware M14x.

The computer will mainly be used for playing games such as Minecraft and several indie games on steam but I would also like it to be able to run games like Call of Duty: BOII smoothly without any hassle on medium graphics settings aswell as watching youtube videos and other basic web browser stuff.

The budget is $2,000 USD and it doesnt HAVE to be under that amount but I would like to keep it relatively close to that price. The current spec loadout costs $2,400 USD.

Specs:
PROCESSOR 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3740QM Processor (6MB Cache, up to 3.7GHz w/ Turbo Boost 2.0)
OPERATING SYSTEM Windows® 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit (English)
WARRANTY & SERVICE 1-Year Premier Service with 1-Year Oncall
ESSENTIAL HELP 3Yr Dell OnCall help
COLOR OPTIONS Nebula Red with Soft Touch Finish
MEMORY 12GB 1600MHZ DDR3 SDRAM (1 x 4G + 1 x 8G)
HARD DRIVE 750GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
VIDEO CARD 2 GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce®GT 650M using NVIDIA Optimus™ technology
OPTICAL DRIVE Blu-ray BD-ROM / DVD +/-RW Combo Drive
WIRELESS NETWORK CARD Killerâ„¢ Wireless-N 1202 a/g/n 2x2 MIMO for Gaming & Video and Bluetooth 4.0

If you see an aspect of the specs shown above that needs to be improved or is to exxecisve for what I plan to use it for please let me know and if possible recommend a replacement that is offered by alienware in the customiser.
customer link here

Thanks in advanced for the help,
br0ken0ut

Building a desktop would be a better choice. For your budget you can get way more than that laptop.

After a fair bit of digging I came across this, thoughts?

Metabox W370ET $2,093 free shipping

Windows 7 64-bit with DVD and drivers
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 66M 2GB GDDR5 VRAM
17.3" FHD 1920X1080 LED/LCD 72% colour gamult
i7-374OQM Quad Core CPU 2.7GHz up to 3.7GHz
16GB DDR3 1600Mhz RAM (2 x 8Gb memory)
Primary 120GB SSD Samsung 530/130MBs
750GB 7200 rpm secondary hard drive
Dual layer DVD+/-R/W optical drive
Killer Wireless-N 1202 and bluetooth v4.0

Other stuff:
Web Camera, Mic, built-in 2 speakers, S/PDIF output, THX TruStudio Pro, 3 x USB 3.0 ports (eSATA), 1 x USB 2.0 port, HDMI port, VGA, Card reader, Ethernet, AC Adaptor 120W, 8-cell battery.

It looks like a pretty good deal plus its local. The only concern I have is that the website isn't as profreesional as I would expect so Im not sure if its meant to be dodgy or something but it could just be bad web design.
Website

Thoughts???

Nice find but I share you concern for that website let me have a look around for the same laptop

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

Just having a look around the website and the website is fine to buy from enjoy :)

Back
Top Bottom