Random Chit Chat

My boss lady came by to meet some people interested in buying our property yesterday afternoon. She got suckered in to driving all the way up here from the home office. They were supposed to be here sometime in the late afternoon.

(Wait for it)

We talked about some company things and then she took off for the outlet mall across the highway. She gets done shopping and calls to see if they had shone up yet. Not yet. She comes back and decides to go ahead and get settled in a room.

(Wait for it)

At 5 PM she calls me at the desk and tells me they will be here in 30 minutes and to pick 3 rooms each on both sides and both floors.

(Wait for it)

They get here and 2 guesses who got waylaid to show them the rooms? I showed them 2 king rooms recently remodeled and that was as far as we got. We came back to the lobby and she showed then my apartment. Of course I was right on their heels. Good thing I'm a neatnik. We all talked about the property and how good it does.

(Seatbelt fastened? Here it comes.)

They left and you could have broiled a steak on her head. P**sed was not the word for it. She was so annoyed at the guy that sent her up here. The prospects were here all of 20 minutes. It takes 4 1/2 hours to drive up from corporate. I have shown some of their other property's for them when they didn't have time to come in person and she brought that up.

So she wanders off to her room only to come back a bit later saying she has to head back right then. She has really bad night vision and it was pitch black outside. I voiced my concern but she had to go anyway.
Punchline: I feel sorry for her boss. Ol boy is in for a royal ear full. :eek:

Last edited:
Just found out she's in the hospital. The girl at the home office started to tell me but stopped mid word. I'd bet real money she was in an accident.

Oh, wow. Hope she's okay.

I finally got to see The Hobbit at 48fps. For the first hour or so, it looked really weird, but after that I liked it. The camera pans looked very smooth, though I could still see fast motion breaking up a bit at times. Overall, very good.

The 3D was probably the worst I've seen though. Everyone looked like flat cutouts, and there were a couple scenes where the depth would stop not far behind the characters because the set was flat beyond there. I ended up leaving the theatre to grab another pair of 3D glasses so I could swap the lenses and see the rest in 2D.

And to add insult to injury, the main water feed to the entire city has a break.
Hmm no water... no coffee... OH S**T!!! Guess it was a good thing I bought several of the large Monster drinks this morning.

Oh not good at all, to bad if anyone plans on doing anything that needs water, Yes it was a good thing that you bought a few monster energy drinks :p

Back
Top Bottom