Dual Boot Ubuntu 12.10 w/ Win8 - Need Help!

Sithlyone

Solid State Member
Hello I am attempting to to dual boot Ubuntu 12.10 onto my new Toshiba L875D-S7332 Laptop with Win8.

After some research online (google and Youtube) I've discovered that this is beyond my expertise.

I've duel booted before, however Win8 does something with their Bios that prevents the system from booting from a disc or usb drive.

If anyone has info on this please fill me in. Keep in mind that you will be telling a newbie how to accomplish this. If you can, can you give step by step directions or point me to a site that does so in clear, no techno babble?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

I don't think win 8 did that. Just go in bios settings then go in boot menu and just see the boot device priority and set USB device on top. Or on startup just choose the option of boot menu by pressing the appropriate key and select USB device..

Thanks everyone. I did disable secure boot as well as changed the uefi in the bios. However, it was still a no go. The boot screen kept telling me to put in a boot disc.

I know that my disc was good cuz my other computer recognized it as one.

Thanks everyone. I did disable secure boot as well as changed the uefi in the bios. However, it was still a no go. The boot screen kept telling me to put in a boot disc.

I know that my disc was good cuz my other computer recognized it as one.

so did u got ubuntu installed along with win8??

Back
Top Bottom