Is there a solution?

qassm-fadl

BSOD
When I open a folder, opens in a new window and not within the old window.
What is the solution?
I hope you participate.
Thank you.

Check the settings.. In win 7:
Open My Computer
then open the Organize drop down menu
in it in general settings tab see the browse folders settings..
Change the settings if it is wrong..
If this doesn't works then it's a virus.. for me quick heal antivirus did this job.. It's an autoplay virus (as much i remember).. U have to remove it using an antivirus..

Last edited:
Windows XP:
1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. Click Appearance and Themes, and then click Folder Options.
3. On the General tab, under Browse Folders, click Open each folder in its own window.

Windows 7:
1. Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. Click Folder Options.
3. On the General Tab, under Browse folders, click Open each folder in its own window.

Do the same but "Open each folder in its own window" to rectify this problem. Highly doubt a virus would cause such an issue. A virus would be more inclined to effect the systems operations and not really effect how a folder opens up.

Windows XP:
3. On the General tab, under Browse Folders, click Open each folder in its own window.

Windows 7:
2. Click Folder Options.
3. On the General Tab, under Browse folders, click Open each folder in its own window.

Do the same but "Open each folder in its own window" to rectify this problem. Highly doubt a virus would cause such an issue. A virus would be more inclined to effect the systems operations and not really effect how a folder opens up.

In India we have this virus in much quantity. :p

Hmmn, okay, just if I was going to build a virus, I'd want it to destruct things or cause problems, not cause new folders to open in a new window, lol.

He he true. This virus was widespread 2-3 yrs back. It made an entry in autoplay.inf and did its job. As when inserting a new flash drive a pop up menu appears to open it and it opens in new window the same it did with drives. As time passed the virus developers improved the virus. :D
Now what it does that whenever you double click on any drive it gives a pop-up menu of "Open with" and the application list. So you have to open the drives from address bar..

Windows XP:

Windows 7:
2. Click Folder Options.

He wants the folder to open in the same window.
Control panel > Programs > Appearance and Optimization > Restore defaults > Apply > OK. You're done.

He wants the folder to open in the same window.
Control panel > Programs > Appearance and Optimization > Restore defaults > Apply > OK. You're done.

Just the difference is u are setting the default settings back and we have given the specific settings..

Back
Top Bottom