Virus Protection ?

Vettecor

Solid State Member
I just got a new computer with Windows 8. My service provider, (Cox), has free McAfee Security Suite for its subscribers.

I read on the Cox forum that people are having compatibility issues with Windows 8 and McAfee Security Suite.

What company offers great protection for computers that have Windows 8, free and paid ?

Thanks and Merry Christmas to all.

I am a fan of Avast aswell. try it and see if it works with Win8. it should work.

don't use MSE btw (Microsoft's own Anti Virus). at least not at this point.
the newest version has been tested by a German AV-Test Institute and the result shows that it is very bad at caching threats.

Windows 8 actually does have a built-in virus protection software. But either way, as long as an antivirus software works with Windows 7 it should be fine under Windows 8. Kaspersky Internet Security is great software but it's fairly expensive and Avast! has a very good free software too.

Last edited:
Windows 8 built-in virus protection software has not done to great in tests, I have used Avast and liked it (I like the downloading scan) as time goes on most free and retail security software will state (eg) Win XP, Vista, 7, and 8, 32+64bit

I have used avast free version always.. Its nice.. Also have used it on Windows 8 sometime ago.. But switched back to win 7 as didn't like win 8.. Use avast free or also can go for pro..
And according to the rating I have found Bitdefender and Kaspersky at top but they are too costly..
Have used Kaspersky trial too its also very nice but you have to purchase it after 30 days..

I have used avast free version always.. Its nice.. Also have used it on Windows 8 sometime ago.. But switched back to win 7 as didn't like win 8.. Use avast free or also can go for pro..
And according to the rating I have found Bitdefender and Kaspersky at top but they are too costly..
Have used Kaspersky trial too its also very nice but you have to purchase it after 30 days..

Try Zone Alarm Firewall + Antivirus (free) the Antivirus engine is Kaspersky, I'm using it now, the Pro version is the same but with auto updates ;)

03_zpsa313fa8c.png

Back
Top Bottom