Random Chit Chat

Anyone ever go to Best Buy and just laugh inside when you hear the sales guys/gals selling crap?

I've heard an interesting guy at our local Asda make announcements over the pa system about the TV's they're selling.

"Make sure you don't miss out on our low priced TV offers! We have... *pause* Sonsung *another pause* 80p quality for under 400 pounds, you can watch your DVBs with TV and even the special blue discs, all in top 80 quality. If you need more blue discs for Christmas then they are next to the videos in aisle one!"

You would have thought he'd say this once and someone would stop the guy, but nope, the announcement came on about 5 times during the course of my shop the other day!

Saw the hobbit yesterday. It was pretty okay. The visuals and soundtrack were amazing, but some parts just felt ridiculous when translated into film. I'll probably like it more when the other parts are released, since it never really concluded anything.

Also, the theater played it at 24fps, so some of the panning scenes completely fell apart. I'm going to see it again at 48 sometime just to see how that looks. I have a feeling I'll like it.

Last edited:
Saw the hobbit yesterday. It was pretty okay. The visuals and soundtrack were amazing, but some parts just felt ridiculous when translated into film. I'll probably like it more when the other parts are released, since it never really concluded anything.

Also, the theater played it at 24fps, so some of the panning scenes completely fell apart. I'm going to see it again at 48 sometime just to see how that looks. I have a feeling I'll like it.

Oh cool looking forward to seeing it myself :)

That's why I kinda like the fact I can't get into fiction books. I never have an issue of comparing the movie to the book.

dale said:
This has got to be one of the longer threads on-line!

There are three versions of this thread which were made along time ago but were closed and there are many other long on going threads around the forums..

Back
Top Bottom