Posting rule amendment suggestion

Given that it's perfectly legit to pull a machine out a dumpster I've always thought that in certain circumstances, telling how to remove a bios password would be fine.

Of course, it's completely not legit to steal a computer, but this may lead to the same question.

I've always looked at how the question is asked. I don't see what it's a problem to help people legitimately...

with regards torrent links.
clearly legal torrents are fine (why would it be any worse to link to a linux torrent than a free game site), if they weren't then the admin would surely have just used the word filter to break all URLs that point to torrent files or popular torrent sites.

Given that it's perfectly legit to pull a machine out a dumpster I've always thought that in certain circumstances, telling how to remove a bios password would be fine.
In that case root wouldn't it be prudent to take it to the PM's?

setishock said:

I never thought of that, Maybe if a thread involving removing passwords that is genuine is brought up again help will be given through a PM..

exactly that.

I think that we can all agree.
we don't want this place to be a hangout for hackers script kiddies and people who steal computers.
at the same time, we want this place to be as helpful as possible.

Back
Top Bottom