Windows 7 Ultimate

setishock

Wizard of Wires
Just got a legit copy of it and have some questions before trying it out.
HP G7
2.30ghz i3 cpu
6 gigs of ram
640 gig hard drive
Intel HD Graphics 3000
IDT High Def Audio
Intel Display Audio
HDMI

Is it really worth the hassle of backing up all my files and trugging through the install?

Not sure what edition you currently have, so linky Feature Comparison

The one feature of Ultimate I use is BitLocker. Primarily to encrypt USB drives that I have on my keychain, which have sensitive files on them. Depending on the file, it may also be further encrypted using AxCrypt. Other than BitLocker, there's nothing I would salivate over, but my host OS is 7 Pro so I already have a few features that aren't on Home B/P. Depends on what you're running bro.

Only you can decide if the additional features of Win 7 Ultimate over HP are worth the hassle. My guess is that most home users would never use the additional features included in Ultimate so it's not really worth the effort.

Only you can decide if the additional features of Win 7 Ultimate over HP are worth the hassle. My guess is that most home users would never use the additional features included in Ultimate so it's not really worth the effort.

yes it depends on his use.. if simple home user then its not worth it..

I have Windows 7 Ultimate on my desktop that I hardly use and looks alright, Haven't really had a good look at it though, Also I like the link that iPwn that you listed, I find it useful..

Glad I got it for student pricing then. It's about useless.
I'll keep it in case something happens and I have to do a fresh install on my G7.

The biggest feature I use in Ultimate is Remote Desktop. I've used it since XP and I don't know if I can live without it.

Back
Top Bottom