Tech engineer

Jappe

Beta member
I've just read the Steve Jobs biography, and got inspired to start a hobby.

Just like he did, I want to use microchips (cheap), and stuff to make something like that.
What should I search for? Engineering ain't gonna cut it.
I want to produce something simple like the Apple I computer, or even simpler.
I know it's gonna take time, but I do have the time, it's gonna be a hobby.

Any guides that could lead me in the right direction?

-Thanks

Lots of math and engineering skills went in to what Jobs did. If you want to toss something together you have to know how it works and how it works in relation to other parts. Take it from an old MIT grad, it's not an impossible task. But it's going to take some advanced knowledge.
I'm designing my own flight controller board for my quadcopter. There's several parts that talk to the microprocessor in pure digital and I'm having to bone up on the lingo. It's taking some time to get all of the modules laid out and speaking to each other in the board simulator.

37 yrs ago whilst still at school, they needed to make the numbers up for a group of pupils to go to one of the colleges (the used to call them Technical Colleges yrs ago !!) so they picked me !!!

It was a so called electronics course, they gave us one of those circuit boards and we made a doorbell :eek:

The next week we made a burgular alarm ........ but it was more interesting watching the girls play hockey:D

12 weeks later all i was was 12 weeks older.............. i told my kids this story how all those years ago i was basically messing about with a motherboard and had no interest in it..... as i muck about with pc`s today

37 yrs on ...oh how i wished i`d listened

Steve Jobs and Bill Gates would have had some serious competition

ElmoSoft..............sounds good:lol:

Back
Top Bottom