Hard Disk S.M.A.RT error

deepesh1193

In Runtime
I am having this problem..
see the screenshot:

presently i am wiping the drive using shred command in ubuntu.. so would it work for this??

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2012-12-22 11:36:37.jpg
    Screenshot from 2012-12-22 11:36:37.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 12
Get on seagates support site and download the diag programs. Make the CD or put it on a usb stick and run them. However,,, It's under warranty. I'd try returning it to the store. If no joy there, then ask seagate to let you RMA it for a swap out.
Normally I have smart disabled. It will give false positives from time to time. Some drives built 10 years ago are still going strong and smart is going nuts saying it's about to crash any minute.

ok.. will try to use the diagonistic tool or else will return to the store.. just trying zero fill on it..

i need Driver pack solution 12.3 also wana download on my computer , plz give me good related website for free download

i need Driver pack solution 12.3 also wana download on my computer , plz give me good related website for free download

just google it.. u will get it on softpedia etc.. also can get it on torrent.. its against the forum rules to post the torrent links here..

Zero fill is all fine and good but what you really want to do is run the recertify routine.
If that says you're ok then disable smart and keep using it. If you get one little warning about anything, back to the store or seagate. Don't trust it.

Back
Top Bottom