Random Chit Chat

Same. Your sister sounds better than my mother though. She gives absolutely no information, then gets angry when I start asking for symptoms. Apparently "It doesn't work" should be enough to diagnose any issue.

"I click the thing and nothing happens."

"An error message comes up."

My favorite:
"The web page doesn't load."

I wouldn't even get that. Seriously, the only thing I can ever get is "It's not working" One time I kept asking for the url of some website she was having issues with and all I could ever get was "It's on the internet." Then she got all mad because I said that was the equivalent of telling me to go to somewhere with no information besides "it's on earth."

I fixed one of my desk clerks laptop the other day. All I got out of her was it's running so slow. I ran my toolbox and it was hopeless. Told her to get new copy of the OS (win7) and I'd fix it. Wiped the drive and got office 2010 stater on it. She's all happy now. So is the laptop. She's an end user. A tech's worst nightmare...

Yeah it's hard explaining to someone who isn't very computer literate like You and I are, You are used to explaining in the way that you always do when talking about computer and when you ask them they are like what the hell..

So I was in the shower this morning and my sister hadn't long woken up and she went to turn her laptop on to check her Facebook, emails, blogs and tumblur and she said "My laptop is working, it won't turn on whilst calling my name", So she kept calling for me and I said "Hold your horses, I will look when I have finished", So I got out and finished and went to see what's wrong and she said "Oh its working now, It wouldn't get past the Windows logo thingy", When anything happens to a computer my family will always come to me and ask me something like "Why won't this work or what's happened to my computer"..

That's normal ;) Wait until / if you get asked for help with programming homework...!

Got my big towel on again ... but thats all I'm saying :D
Don't get worked up guys, she's fully clothed underneath it of course!

berry120 said:
That's normal ;) Wait until / if you get asked for help with programming homework...

Programming isn't my thing though I may be required to do some in course I will be doing next year I am not sure..

Back
Top Bottom