PC crash. Wont boot help!

Correct me if in wrong but shouldnt the fan and the per light on the motherboard be not on if it indeed was an issue with the mb? I mean a short circuit on the mb would and should halt any power feed to components being fed directly from the mb

If so can i rule out the mb and get a new cpu?

---------- Post added at 06:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 AM ----------

**Power not per

Not necessarily. If there is no light on or the fans aren't working the PSU might not be delivering electricity.

your psu is working as the lights are on and fan is working.. and also u can hear a beep sound so that means it started booting.. so it may be ur ram or processor problem..

I decided to take apart the whole system and put it back together. First i tried powering on just thr motherboard. 4 lights on the board. Then i installed the cpu. There were 2 bent pins i was unaware of. Tried to power on same thing. I installed the system speaker and i got 3 beeps. Turns out i need to install memory. So i did. No more beeps. Installed gpu. No beeps no post

Beeping means motherboard is ok?

I also tried the psu in another machine and it was fine

Depends what you mean by "beeping". Are you referring to post, or a constant beep? Can you clarify how often/long the beep is as there is a wide range of "beep codes" :)

KiingDavid said:
I decided to take apart the whole system and put it back together. First i tried powering on just thr motherboard. 4 lights on the board. Then i installed the cpu. There were 2 bent pins i was unaware of. Tried to power on same thing. I installed the system speaker and i got 3 beeps. Turns out i need to install memory. So i did. No more beeps. Installed gpu. No beeps no post

Beeping means motherboard is ok?

I also tried the psu in another machine and it was fine

4 lights mean the cpu is working in a 4 power phase

If i powered the pc with a couple cpu pins bent. Would that have fried my cpu anyway?

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

Mirageboss said:
Depends what you mean by "beeping". Are you referring to post, or a constant beep? Can you clarify how often/long the beep is as there is a wide range of "beep codes" :)

Thanks for ur reply

There is no post even when turned on with all the components

I tried to power on with just the cpu and gpu and the system gave me 3 medium length beeps, with equal length pauses in between. It did not repeat this until powered on again

Beeping stops when i install a dimm. Still no post

I just tried putting my gpu in a different slot and i get 2 short beeps but theres something on the the monitor!!! Its just a blinking underscore :(. I tried again and samething but one beep

KiingDavid said:
I just tried putting my gpu in a different slot and i get 2 short beeps but theres something on the the monitor!!! Its just a blinking underscore :(. I tried again and samething but one beep

I was able to boot into windows normally but it crashed as soon as i tried to plug in a keyboard

I was able to boot in fully in normal mode. Gonna go buy some thermal compound now. Then install the other ram chip.

Are there any programs i can use to test stability? Like prime95?

Thanks to all of you who helped. I really appreciate it. In the end i did not have to buy new parts apart from thermal compound. It was just a matter of reseating everything.

Back
Top Bottom