Windows 7 drivers

C2F2

Beta member
Hi,
I am not very computer savvy and need help with this problem. My system is Del Optiplex 745, motherboard intel Q965, Core 2 duo 1.8 Ghz processor, 2 Gb ram, 160 Gb hard disk. Currently, I have windows xp sp 2 but I wish to install windows 7. When I go to Dell's website page for drivers according to my system's service tag, there is no 'Windows 7' in the 'Operating system' drop down menu. Does this mean I can't have Windows 7 on my pc?

i don't think intel has the resources to design drivers for a system that is that outdated.
does windows vista appear on that dropdown list?
if so it might work with those drivers..... but remember... it might work.

besides that, i don't think win7 can operate optimal with that small among of RAM. 2 GB is the absolutely minimum win7 can live with.
i will recommend staying with XP.

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

ups... i meant "i don't think DELL", not intel.

Hi,
I am not very computer savvy and need help with this problem. My system is Del Optiplex 745, motherboard intel Q965, Core 2 duo 1.8 Ghz processor, 2 Gb ram, 160 Gb hard disk. Currently, I have windows xp sp 2 but I wish to install windows 7. When I go to Dell's website page for drivers according to my system's service tag, there is no 'Windows 7' in the 'Operating system' drop down menu. Does this mean I can't have Windows 7 on my pc?

i think it should work as i have the same configuration on my desktop pc.. motherboard 945, core 2 duo 2.4 Ghz, 2 gb ram.. win 7 is working flawlessly.. and regarding drivers u can Google them.. keep and option of reinstalling windows xp back.. and win 7 installs some drivers on own too..

i don't think intel has the resources to design drivers for a system that is that outdated.
does windows vista appear on that dropdown list?
if so it might work with those drivers..... but remember... it might work.

besides that, i don't think win7 can operate optimal with that small among of RAM. 2 GB is the absolutely minimum win7 can live with.
i will recommend staying with XP.

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

ups... i meant "i don't think DELL", not intel.

Yes Windows Vista does appear on the dropdown list

You most likely won't need drivers as they will be included in Win7. They should be found automatically.

When I installed win7 on an acer with a 1.6 gig cpu and 2 gigs of ram, the only driver I needed was the wireless network. The rest came down with the windows updates.
Just like jmacavali said.

Back
Top Bottom