Toshiba laptop power issue

copiman

In Runtime
I have a A205 that has a bad ac adapter. Got another adapter. with the adapter plugged in, light is on, I try to turn on and the power light will light for a couple of seconds, then nothing. Will not boot. Took battery out and still have same problem. I was told this is common with the Toshiba laptops. Thought I would come here for advice.

I have a A205 that has a bad ac adapter. Got another adapter. with the adapter plugged in, light is on, I try to turn on and the power light will light for a couple of seconds, then nothing. Will not boot. Took battery out and still have same problem. I was told this is common with the Toshiba laptops. Thought I would come here for advice.

I have had something abit like this before, Take battery out and unplug AC, Hold the power button for around 60 seconds to eliminate all static build up.

Plug AC in and test power up.

If successful, re-connect Battery.

Hope it helps! :flowers:

Did as you suggested. Still no go. Here is some more info. Left the laptop plugged up overnite and today. The battery light is now blue as is the plug light(indicates the adapter is plugged in). I tried one memory stick at a time, no go. Pulled the hard drive, then tried to boot, same thing. If I unplug the adapter both blue lights go out. When I turn on the laptop, I fan comes on and the light for hard drive activity flickers once, maybe twice, then all dies. The only thing I know to do at this point is to go in and look for poor connections. Any ideas?

Well sports fans, its official. The mobo is fried. I disassembled the laptop and found a scortched area on the mobo about the size of a dime. Thanks to all for your input. Learning alot from this site:)

Back
Top Bottom