Upgrading from 32-bit 7 to 64-bit but keeping games

stuiedaman

Baseband Member
So I have kind of a weird set up. I built my gaming computer a little while back and had some issues recently. Long story short, it wouldn't boot so I reinstalled Windows from a different disk, which didn't give me the option of 64-bit, and honestlyly didn't even realize it was 32-bit. Anyways, I have spent weeks downloading/installing all my games and getting everything just right. Here's the problem, I have 16GB of RAM, definitely need 64-bit. Here's where my situation is a little bit different from others. I have two hard drives, a TB (C:) and a 2TB (E:). My OS is installed on my TB and all my media is on (E:), and most importantly this is where all my games are installed, so they are not located in Program Files, just E:\Games\PC\ . Is there anyway of keeping all those games doing a reinstall of Windows? Obviously, those folders will stay there, but after the install I won't be able to use them because all the registry crap is on my C: drive. So is there a way of just backing this stuff up? I don't mind losing my programs but it's my games I'm worried about. Thanks!

If you downloaded it, It would have said 64bit or 32bit version. Did you actually buy a copy of windows, If so it will have a 32bit and 64bit or did discs come with your pc when you built it?

If you downloaded it, It would have said 64bit or 32bit version. Did you actually buy a copy of windows, If so it will have a 32bit and 64bit or did discs come with your pc when you built it?

I did actually pay for it, though when I installed it this last time I used a pirated copy I had lying around because I have no idea where my copy is (I used the pirated on a few craptops I had lying around). Either way, I installed 32-bit not thinking that I needed 64-bit. Any solution to my problem?

Well I have the 64-bit disc and am ready to install. I just want to know if there is a way to back up registry or something like that to be able to keep all my games, which are all installed on a separate drive.

But even though I installed the games on my E: drive, doesn't it still have some registry entries, dlls, and other files on the C: drive? Correct me if I'm wrong here. I mean, I wouldn't be able to just take that drive out and plug it into another computer and play the games straight of the drive.

Back
Top Bottom