please vote on this one

Should we get the Reputation system back?

• YES

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • NO

Votes: 17 77.3%

• Total voters
well then. i can see people are against it.

so if we could just do something about that thanks button it would be nice.
it's not only the label that says thanks, but the function behind it. reed what the message says when you are thanked.
to me it sounds like: thank you very much for helping :bow:
it's too much if you just think a post is good.

i am sure everyone would like a LIKE system instead. kinda like Facebook. am i right?

I am going to say no, As Seti, Jmacavli and Wildcat have said that it never really worked out and it was like a popularity contest, Its time to start something new and fresh..

No. I had 6 million rep points at one stage and 90% of them were for smart arse or funny replies in the social lounge and not for helping in the help section. I don't see the point of that. If it were to come back it should be confined to posts in the help section if that is possible.

I am the 25%!... of the 28%... (at time of posting)

I thought the rep system was neat. It was a badge of honor for me as well and I was freakin stoked each time a hit that next green tick.

To the support of those non-supporters... Some of it (for me) was non-help related so I see the inherent flaw there.

I was always in favor of separate scores.
1 showing help given (thanks!)
1 showing else (funny guy!)

I would love the rep system back in some form, but lack thereof isn't going to change the content here. Forums are great, even without the bells and whistles.

I once posted on a forum the latest ATI/AMD Drivers + CCC but was told by a Stormtrooper Mod (qoute - THOUSE DRIVERS ARE 7 HOURS OLD !!!!) and had 10 rep points deducted ... :rofl:

Thought I would chime in. I am new to this site. But I am not new to another site exactly like this one (vBulletin). Its for copier/printer techs. It has the rep system in place. The members are always complaining about it. Members that have alot of power can hit you with negative hits any time they want. It can and does become a problem with personalities. They also have the like feature enabled as well.

Me personally, I really don't care. Rep power, in my humble opinion, is to show who you can rely on. Not sure about this forum, but we would get some folks that caused alot of problems. So, I'm not sure if the pros outweigh the cons or vice versa. To be appreciated is nice, but just helping others is better.

Since I am new here, I will leave it up to the folks who have been here before me. As for me, I will continue to be a member regaurdless.

I once posted on a forum the latest ATI/AMD Drivers + CCC but was told by a Stormtrooper Mod (qoute - THOUSE DRIVERS ARE 7 HOURS OLD !!!!) and had 10 rep points deducted ... :rofl:

Well, if you will post drivers from the last century, what do you expect? :p

FWIW, I actually quite liked the old rep system - yes I think it should have been restricted to posts in the help section, but I think a lot of the members complaining about it at the time felt that they were being picked on as low rep users and could never climb "through the ranks to get close to the top guys", then the issues we had with security holes and rep for mods getting wiped (before the current owners took over) really signed the death of it.

I think it better though if instead of the old system, the number of "thanks", or the members that have thanked a particular post could appear underneath it (that way you get an idea of what individual posts are deemed to be good rather than turning it into a popularity contest.)

If it compartmentialized like you suggest to just the help sections I guess it be ok. But in the past it was everywhere. Kids were repping each other just for junk posted in the lobby. It turned in to a pissing contest.
We've come a long ways with out it. Why mess up a good thing...

Back
Top Bottom