I think its Firefox

atomichybrid

In Runtime
So my problem is accessing chatango, its a chat box within the browser, and i keep on getting 'unable to connect' on firefox which is weird because it works perfectly fine on IE. Ive also tried on other groups and same effect. I would prefer to work with firefox since its my default browser.

I've googled a few solutions like updating java, flash, restart PC and clearing cookies, all havent worked to no avail.

If there are some tricks you can help much would be appreciated.

Yeah I've updated everything and its still doing the 'unable to connect' message. I honestly have no idea why it does this when it works on other browsers.

I think FF and IE use different flash plugins. Make sure you've downloaded the FF flash plugin.

Yeah ive updated the flash plugin and checked it via the firefox plugins check and its up to date. Ive also made checks that there is no proxy used for the browser and its still acting up.

Check the connection settings in Firefox, it might be set to connect through a proxy server while IE is not.

FireFox is your first problem, get Google Chrome man! :p

Are you running a 64-bit OS or 32-bit. If 64-bit double check your running the 64-bit version of FireFox :)

Yeah the fireox settings are set to no proxy.

Im currently running a 64bit OS with a 32bit Firefox but I thought if i was consistent with the flash and java on 32bit it should square out.

I had used chrome before but it doesnt have the extensions that i use in firefox and i would find it a complete chore if i have to re learn the features and so forth. I have been using firefox for a while and i like to stick with it.

Guys,

I have solved my problem apparently my flash version on FF was different to IE so I updated for IE and it worked! Thanks for the suggestions, I completely gave up this hurdle and suffered IE usage and took it upon to check the flash version when on IE.

I hope this may be of help to some people who may face flash problems, not the web browser. I cant believe theres one for FF and IE separately and they have to be the same versions on both ends for chatango to work.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom