Toshiba Laptop

TurbyDerv

Solid State Member
Hi, received a customers laptop which customer said the screen has stopped working.

I have tested the laptop and still no luck!

The laptop powers on, but there is no post boot beep and nothing displays on screen it is just black? :confused: but i can hear the hard drive.

Also when connected to external monitor there is still no signal input.

Any help appreciated?

Rob

Sounds like it's probably the mobo, if there's no post.

Could also be RAM.

Could it be the 'Reflow problem' heard about putting the motherboard into the oven for x amount of time on x amount of heat?? which people claimed to have cured problems.

I will try swapping the ram, but still wouldn't this display something on the screen for instance Toshiba Splash Screen??

Thanks for reply too! :thumb:

Not necissarily. A quick test is to take all the RAM out and turn it on. You should get a really loud, annoying beep error indicating there is no RAM in the system. If you don't get an error, then the MOBO is probably bad.

I've never put any electronics into an oven, but I've heard the stories too....not something I'm going to be trying though.

If they dropped it most likely something has come unplugged. You're going to have to open it up.

Not necissarily. A quick test is to take all the RAM out and turn it on. You should get a really loud, annoying beep error indicating there is no RAM in the system. If you don't get an error, then the MOBO is probably bad.

I've never put any electronics into an oven, but I've heard the stories too....not something I'm going to be trying though.

Did the RAM test, no long beep :( guess it must be Mobo or something else!

Thanks for reply, and Nope not going to try that either! lol

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

If they dropped it most likely something has come unplugged. You're going to have to open it up.

Not something my customers would admit to tbh.. They just break on their own i guess! :whistling:

Back
Top Bottom