Another school shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you think getting stabbed and getting killed are comparable?

Right then.

If we change it to getting stabbed and getting shot then yes, I would agree that they are comparable. Both are traumatic and both are deadly if not treated quickly and both will scar survivors both mentally and physically for the rest of their lives.

If we change it to getting stabbed and getting shot then yes, I would agree that they are comparable. Both are traumatic and both are deadly if not treated quickly and both will scar survivors both mentally and physically for the rest of their lives.
Exactly. Getting killed is worse for sure. It's not hard to get stabbed and killed from it. Guns don't make killers.

Instead of taking extreme sides (as it's doing nothing more than raising an argument), why not discuss a plausible solution.

Now, everyone in this thread who has made the point that without firearms things like this would not happen, you have a valid point and reason for concern. IIRC, it was in the movie "Bowling for Columbine" where the guy showed that at a certain bank, you got a hunting rifle or shotgun just for opening an account. I do believe that it is a little ridiculous how readily available firearms are. My first firearm purchase after the military was online. I paid for the gun online, then drove to some guys house and picked it up. He was/is a licensed dealer... but come on, even I felt wrong about that one.

I believe (and hope) the point that the other half of the room is trying to make is that completely removing access to firearms is a little excessive. I have no faith in humanity (which started long before these events) and would not leave my home unprotected. If my guns get taken away, I will fashion a projectile defense system to be ready. People are crazy and the Marines taught one valuable lesson... Never fight fair if you can help it.

Well, thanks to CIA funded operations like this, we'll probably all lose our firearms. That's just going to make the mass chaos that will ensue that much easier for the red army to squash. We were given these rights because our founders saw the potential for corruption. That fear has come to fruition, and everyone in America is begging to be enslaved.

What we need is a common sense approach to the sale and distribution of firearms. Not mass lunacy and over-reaction.

Last edited:
ssc456:
totally agree with you. i hate the fact that you can easily buy a gun... a f***ing killing tool... in the US. WHY is that possible.
it blows my mind and i just don't understand. it has also been proven that you are more likely to kill a family member then an actual intruder.

you can't just like that get a gun everywhere in Europa. so if you suddenly snap at someone you can't just go get it, point it at the guy and pull the trigger and who ever you point at dies. it's so easy to kill with a gun.

that's why there are more murders in the US, then any where else in the EU.

I don't know how he got the gun, its against the law for mentally unstable people to own them here.

I have to disagree with you there though, we have 20+ guns in our house, and they are very safe. Its like driving a car, you have to have responsibility when you handle them.

I don't know how he got the gun, its against the law for mentally unstable people to own them here.

He got the guns from his mom. All 4 were hers. She was legally allowed to own them and despite knowing that her son was not all there mentally didn't lock them up appropriately.

Instead of taking extreme sides (as it's doing nothing more than raising an argument), why not discuss a plausible solution.

Now, everyone in this thread who has made the point that without firearms things like this would not happen, you have a valid point and reason for concern. IIRC, it was in the movie "Bowling for Columbine" where the guy showed that at a certain bank, you got a hunting rifle or shotgun just for opening an account. I do believe that it is a little ridiculous how readily available firearms are. My first firearm purchase after the military was online. I paid for the gun online, then drove to some guys house and picked it up. He was/is a licensed dealer... but come on, even I felt wrong about that one.

I believe (and hope) the point that the other half of the room is trying to make is that completely removing access to firearms is a little excessive. I have no faith in humanity (which started long before these events) and would not leave my home unprotected. If my guns get taken away, I will fashion a projectile defense system to be ready. People are crazy and the Marines taught one valuable lesson... Never fight fair if you can help it.

Well, thanks to CIA funded operations like this, we'll probably all lose our firearms. That's just going to make the mass chaos that will ensue that much easier for the red army to squash. We were given these rights because our founders saw the potential for corruption. That fear has come to fruition, and everyone in America is begging to be enslaved.

What we need is a common sense approach to the sale and distribution of firearms. Not mass lunacy and over-reaction.
That scene in Bowling for Columbine looks like Michael Moore walked out of the bank with a gun is entirely false. They do a background check there too that takes just as long as anywhere else.

Gun control isn't about guns, it is about control.

What was the caliber of the knife that cut Nicole Simpson's neck?
What was the caliber of the car that killed that Dallas Cowboy a few days back?
What was the caliber of the bomb at the Bath schoolhouse in Michigan in 1927?

No limit to insane people, but if armed sane people were around, much could be different.

Last edited:
Exactly. Getting killed is worse for sure. It's not hard to get stabbed and killed from it. Guns don't make killers.

I can't believe I need to spell this out for you people: it's easier to kill someone with a gun than a knife. China had 21 stabbings, not 21 deaths.

If the killer had a gun, you can be sure the story would have changed to something much more tragic and gruesome. Again, 21 stabbings, not 21 deaths. There's a huge freaking difference here.

Come on. This isn't rocket science.

It's easier to kill using a gun.

Come on, this isn't rocket science: None of us are disagreeing that it's easy to kill with a gun.

Do we need to spell this out for you?

I think the answer to the real problem is why are people committing these acts of crime and how do you go about identifying and stopping the mentally ill people.
Have a look at the violence in films, computer games.... the list goes on.
Banning guns is not a real solution, yeah you might get law abiding citizens to hand in weapons but the real crims won't and to be honest how many sane people have actually massacred people..... been proven every time a person involved in these tragedies have had a history of psychological problems.

Maybe your gun licencing system for checks & balances of peoples suitability will achieve a better result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom