Another school shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously. But there's been a growing trend that's hard to ignore. Simply put, it's easier to inflict death with a gun.
What's your point? Gun control is only going to make things worse. Criminals don't legally buy guns anyway. 21 people were stabbed in China on the same day this shooting occurred. Gun control didn't help there.

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people" it's the NRA's slogan. That said, there is also a study showing that a US citizen is (if i remember it right) 40 times more likely to be killed by gunfire than the average European. I guess that has nothing to do with the number of weapons in the US vs. Europe, right? Are Americans killers by nature? Do you have a killer gene that the rest of the world lacks?
I think not!
The NRA is at fault! And it's supporters! Last time i saw a weapon in the open (weapon of any kind) was at a parade. Number of deaths by gunfire in Europe vs. US? Waaaay lower!
If you don't get rid of the guns, there will be a lot more God awful incidents like that one. Local restrictions, hotlines, gun control parent counseling, child access prevention, etc, are just one facet of the problem! Let guns be used by those trained to do so - police, army, other public servants.
Just my 2 cents!

Just got my new Horize P150HM Notebook!
250GB SSD

There are plenty other weapons. So next time you want to talk statistics, I recommend you bring all of them to the table.

Land Mass:
Europe- 10,180,000 Sq/KM
US- 9,826,675 Sq/KM

Population:
Europe- 836,398,000
US- 309,496,000

Murder Rate:
Europe- 4.83 per 100,000
US- 4.58 per 100,000

Gun Ownership:
Europe- 12,000 per 100,000
US- 90,000 per 100,000

I haven't done a ton of research on these numbers, but to just count the murders by guns, is giving false statistics.

Look at my state for example. Chicago is super safe because conceal carry is banned... Oh wait, it's not at all.

Also, compare the countries before gun control. New York has always been more violent than London, and New York has had gun control longer than London.

You aren't looking at everything.

FYI, I don't own any guns, nor am I a part of the NRA.

Last edited:
Like I said, I just found those on a quick google search.

Also, Europe reports their crimes differently.

Last edited:
The NRA is at fault! And it's supporters! Last time i saw a weapon in the open (weapon of any kind) was at a parade. Number of deaths by gunfire in Europe vs. US? Waaaay lower!
If you don't get rid of the guns, there will be a lot more God awful incidents like that one. Local restrictions, hotlines, gun control parent counseling, child access prevention, etc, are just one facet of the problem! Let guns be used by those trained to do so - police, army, other public servants.
Just my 2 cents!

I support the NRA. I'm not ashamed of it. How am I responsible for something another human does that I've never met or talked to?

Saying all members of the NRA are criminals is the same as saying all Muslims are terrorists. It's simply wrong but a very small minority gives the rest a bad image.

Last edited:
Criminals don't legally buy guns anyway. 21 people were stabbed in China on the same day this shooting occurred. Gun control didn't help there.

Again. People died in the United States. People didn't die in China.

Learn to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom