Another school shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does that relate to the topic of school attacks?

Do you not understand the simple theme I'm trying to convey here?

Here's a hint: go behind attacks and focus on the notion of massacres involving guns in the United States.

Would the admin or mods please delete this thread. I'm sorry that I posted the bloody thing in the first place.

you talked about Sweden i little while ago.
Sweden is a Scandinavia country and they have almost the same gun laws as Denmark. it's VERY illegal to own a gun, if it's not recognized as a hunting weapon. your argument in my opinion are not valid if you compere Sweden to the US about guns.

Is it no longer true that Sweden doesn't require military service and men between 20 and 30 to keep their weapons in their homes? If I'm wrong there then I'll willingly acknowledge that.

Do you not understand the simple theme I'm trying to convey here?

Here's a hint: go behind attacks and focus on the notion of massacres involving guns in the United States.
No I don't. My point is massacres and attacks happen no matter what weapons are available. Your point seems to be that "guns are bad". Timothy McVeigh killed hundreds with fertilizer and gasoline. Even if we outlaw guns, attacks and massacres can and will still happen.

No I don't. My point is massacres and attacks happen no matter what weapons are available. Your point seems to be that "guns are bad". Timothy McVeigh killed hundreds with fertilizer and gasoline. Even if we outlaw guns, attacks and massacres can and will still happen.

Obviously. But there's been a growing trend that's hard to ignore. Simply put, it's easier to inflict death with a gun.

Can't argue with that. But it's also safer and easier to protect myself and those I care about with one than to use anything else.

yeah, but if the intruder has a gun himself then you are kinda equal, just like if you both did not have guns.

yeah, but if the intruder has a gun himself then you are kinda equal, just like if you both did not have guns.

Then it's a surprise and whom ever fires first will win. I just have to watch a door way, they are at the disadvantage of having to clear every room (if they are being careful). But if he has a knife then my having a gun means I don't have to put myself in harms way to defend myself: or in the case they have me backed into a corner already, they can't get close enough to take any action.

Take a look again at the link I provided earlier on about a concealed carry holder who was being attacked by people stabbing him with keys. Look at that outcome and then tell me that you can still say guns are bad. It's not the guns: it's the people.

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people" it's the NRA's slogan. That said, there is also a study showing that a US citizen is (if i remember it right) 40 times more likely to be killed by gunfire than the average European. I guess that has nothing to do with the number of weapons in the US vs. Europe, right? Are Americans killers by nature? Do you have a killer gene that the rest of the world lacks?
I think not!
The NRA is at fault! And it's supporters! Last time i saw a weapon in the open (weapon of any kind) was at a parade. Number of deaths by gunfire in Europe vs. US? Waaaay lower!
If you don't get rid of the guns, there will be a lot more God awful incidents like that one. Local restrictions, hotlines, gun control parent counseling, child access prevention, etc, are just one facet of the problem! Let guns be used by those trained to do so - police, army, other public servants.
Just my 2 cents!

250GB SSD[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think we should retract the second amendment, but we need to place more restrictions.

It can't be this easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom