Can't run Malwarebytes do to computer crashing.

robmc180

Solid State Member
Hi all,think i have a major problem with my laptop.I suspected i may have picked up a virus so downloaded Malwarebytes and proceeded to run the full scan.Mid way through the scan the laptop shuts down with a black screen and small blue portion at the bottom of the screen.I have downloaded Superantispyware and Hitman Pro and have managed to run both succesfully.They have both identified Tracking Cookies which i have duly removed.I also ran CCleaner which got rid of alot of rubbish on my C//: drive and freed up about 30gb.
Does anyone have thoughts on what the trouble may be.

Thanks
Rob

Hello rob.
I suggest you use the files you hold dear while you can, my fix is a COMPLETE re-install of your OS. You should have gotten a disc with your computer. Boot to it and choose install to c:\ .

Rob,
What version of windows are you running,

restart the computer and keep pressing F8 on the keyboard there you will see a menu choose safemode with networking

then login to windows and update malware buytes then run that do a quick scan first and see what it picks up if it find infections keep stoping malwarebuytes and clearing the infection each time and continue to reboot.

if malware bytes refuses to run go to folder options and view then selected unhide known file types go to malware butes and rename it as explorer.exe or winlogon.exe then malwarebutes will run as sweet as a nut.

if malwarebytes detects any problems keep removing as you and untill you do a full scan when malwarebutes has finished goahead and download tdss killer from kasperkey and run that to see if it finds any root kits then run with a antivirus go for paid or free trial whichever find the viruses and removes them Avast,Norton,avg,Eset, macafee, kasperky or panda also check with combofix and hitman pro inclusing super antispyware and malwarebutes to check for viruses and other narsey files to make sure you are not infected.

save all your files you want to keep but make sure you scan you drives after as you don't want to carry the viruses over with you. you can easey if it is a worm.

Kind Regards

Have you tired uninstalling and reinstalling Malwarebytes? I'd also try to run it in safe mode as well.

Hi Fujitsu Technician,i'm running Windows Vista Home Premium Spk 2.I have tried downloading in safemode with networking and run Malwarebytes on quick scan.It didn't find anything,but as soon as i try to run it under normal conditions it freezes and reboots on its own.
Thanks kbartlin18,unfortunately i don't have the original os disc so i can't do a complete re-install.

Hi jamacavali,i have tried uninstalling and re-installing Malwarebytes in safe mode but can only run a quick scan not a full scan.In normal mode i can't run either.

Rob

Hello,
You could also download HirenBootCD from here: Hiren's BootCD 15.2 - All in one Bootable CD » www.hiren.info.
Burn it unto a CD, or put it on a USB stick. Boot from it. Latest version HirenBootCD comes with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.51.1 (18-10-2012) and you can run that from the LiveCD. If i remember right, you have a fully working network stack and drivers, and definitions can be upgraded.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well last night i downloaded Malwarebytes in safe mode with networking and ran a quick scan and full scan but found no threats.When i tried to run the same in normal mode the laptop crashed again before any threats were identified.Guess my only hope now is to format the hard-drive and reload windows.As i haven't got a windows disc i'm looking at purchasing Windows 7 32bit to replace Vista Home Premium.
Anyone got thoughts on this.

Many Thanks
Rob

Back
Top Bottom