Another school shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
My last 2 cents worth....Bring back capital punishment in all forms especially public hangings for all heinous crimes.

I agree with the electric chair and the injection but not sure public hangings is for this day and age, that used to be partly for entertainment, i'd hope we are past watching over people die for entertainment in this day and age?

The majority of crimes are committed with common items (hammers, scissors, knives, etc.). It's funny how all these crazy people are now somehow finding military grade gear and then using it against kids...

Taking away guns because bad people do bad things with them won't stop bad people from doing bad things. It will only leave the good people less defended.

Stop letting the fear mongering news scare you into relinquishing your rights.

The majority of crimes are committed with common items (hammers, scissors, knives, etc.). It's funny how all these crazy people are now somehow finding military grade gear and then using it against kids...

Taking away guns because bad people do bad things with them won't stop bad people from doing bad things. It will only leave the good people less defended.

Stop letting the fear mongering news scare you into relinquishing your rights.

No i'm not convinced by that at all i'm afraid.

If you have a semi automatic or even an automatic hell even a "manual" gun, you can kill people with the flinch of a finger! and people are almost at your mercy, they can try running but you can kill them at a distance, if they try running towards you to tackle you or fight you, bang gone! Also a gun can kill a person a second. you wouldnt see someone try and walk into a school with a knife and take the lives of countless children! and even if they did I can guarantee they would have been restrained after hurting the first child

I'm not saying it will eliminate it but dis regarding the ACTUAL danger factor of a gun I feel there is A HELL OF ALOT of mentality that comes with a gun. A with "withdrawn" teenager or lonely teenager, or full grown adult will feel powerful with a gun in his / her hands.

The people that commit these crimes are not usually the type of people that go out in the streets and start fights, from the characters I have read about they are usually very low confidence people that avoid confrontation, they wouldn't dream of going into a public place with a hammer or knife to commit a crime like that!

I'm just totally confused why people need guns?

Last edited:
So, these people are psycho and want to do max damage. No guns anymore, but they can buy gasoline and a match... Should we outlaw gas as well because people can do bad things with it? That's stupid. If we follow that flawed logic, someday shoe strings will be outlawed because of a serial killer. We'll all wear diapers and crocs and eat through a tube. Yes, what happened was terrible, but let's not over react.

there is a difference between things that are made to kill and things that are made for another purpose.
you can start i fire with gasoline but people usually escapes fire and it takes time for the fire to grow large enough to trap people.
a gun however with a clip size of 10 bullets can kill or seriously harm 10 people in 10 seconds. then after a 3 seconds reload you can kill or harm 10 more people according to how good you hit.

Guns don't kill people. People kill people. Even as sad as it is, thankfully it's an isolated incident.
ssc456 to answer your question about why do we need guns, this country was founded on freedoms. Freedom is not free. Right down to the last man, woman, and child old enough to pull the trigger, we will defend this country. If the need arises we will pick up our guns and man the line. Just like the Minutemen did when we fought for freedom, and our very lives all those years ago.
What if then the fledgling government said we couldn't have our personal guns. The British would have rolled in and things would have turned out a lot differently. The new military however kicked ass and took names. And a lot of the credit for the victory goes to the citizen solider and the Minutemen.
So today we still have our guns. Ready to man the line and give our lives if we have to, to keep our country FREE.
I'd rather go down spitting death from my guns, than to go down in disgrace.

You pushed the wrong person's button.

there is a difference between things that are made to kill and things that are made for another purpose..

I would argue that their purpose is not to kill, but to defend. Secondary is to put food on the table. Just like a kitchen knife who's designed to cut your steak: it's not the inanimate object's fault that it was used improperly.

Point in proof, I drew one of my own guns in my own home Thursday night while waiting for the policy to arrive while my ex's new boyfriend was pounding on the door threatening to kick it in and beat me. Had he broken in before the police arrived, it wouldn't have been used to kill, it would have been used to defend myself.

Guns don't kill people. People kill people

^ Exactly. You don't blame the car when a drunk driver kills an innocent mother and child in a car crash now do you?

And we don't have a gun problem in the US: we have a violent crime problem. Take away the guns and the only thing that changes in situations like this is the "how". Just look at the guy who stabbed like 20 kids in china on the same day. This kinda crap still happens when guns are hard to get.

And we don't have a gun problem in the US: we have a violent crime problem. Take away the guns and the only thing that changes in situations like this is the "how". Just look at the guy who stabbed like 20 kids in china on the same day. This kinda crap still happens when guns are hard to get.

On Friday, in fact, as Evan Osnos writes, in an incident with uncanny similarities to the Newtown massacre, a young man walked into the Chenpeng Village Primary School near the city of Xinyang, south of Beijing, and attacked the schoolchildren with a knife as they arrived at school. Twenty-two children were injured before the assailant, said to be a thirty-four-year-old man, was subdued and arrested by police—but there were no deaths. If he had been using a gun, the likelihood is that most of those children would now be dead.
Guns in America and the Limits of Shame : The New Yorker

Is there really any difference? The point is that innocent kids were still attacked and that these attacks will happen with or without guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom