Lost admin rights/forgot passord, need to reinstall windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

DebuggedHD

Beta member
I forfot the password to my account a while ago so I'm on my guest account and I was going to just reinstall windows 7 but when I put the disk in it said I cannot, so can anyone tell me how to do either of the following;
1) Install Windows 7 without an admin password
2) Recover/remove the password from my other account

Either will resolve my issue so whichever option is easier to resolve :lol:

System info
(I don't think there's anything else relevant other than OS but if so, ask for it below please)

Nobody here will help you with #2, but you should be able to install windows by formatting the HDD during install, at least, i've never had to have the password when installing windows.

Nobody here will help you with #2, but you should be able to install windows by formatting the HDD during install, at least, i've never had to have the password when installing windows.

I don't need to input a password, I just can't install it because I don't have admin rights since I forgot my password to my user account. :(

Like said go in to the bios and change the primary boot device to the CD/DVD drive. Before you save and exit put the installer disc in the drive. Then save the new settings and let it boot from the disc.
BTW you can NOT install any OS while the OS is running. It's a self preservation thing going on there. Probabley why it's asking for an admin password.

Like said go in to the bios and change the primary boot device to the CD/DVD drive. Before you save and exit put the installer disc in the drive. Then save the new settings and let it boot from the disc.
BTW you can NOT install any OS while the OS is running. It's a self preservation thing going on there. Probabley why it's asking for an admin password.

I tried this but it didn't work, it booted, it just went straight to the log in screen. I have got an encrypted version of my old password now though, is their any programs that can decrypt it for me?

I tried this but it didn't work, it booted, it just went straight to the log in screen. I have got an encrypted version of my old password now though, is their any programs that can decrypt it for me?

Sorry, forum policy strictly forbids showing how to crack passwords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom