How do I FULLY format my hdd? Please read in full

Yes that is correct go ahead and create the partion for the install it will always select C as the first letter for the OS.

then let windows do a quick or not so quick format to then allow the reinstall.

now it is complted any errors would have been fixed.

let me know the result

Kind Regards

I only have one hdd, I have reinstalled xp on it numerous times, now reinstalled Win7 numerous times as well, now its running really slow, with nothing else running I cant even watch a video without the video freezing constantly and I just reinstalled today.

Microsoft, in their infinite wisdom, made a serious design flaw in the Windows install process. When you "format" c: during the install, Windows doesn't "format" anything, it simply removes the file location directory (e.g. File Allocation Tables). To add, during the install process in Windows Kernel v6.0+, it will take a quick look at the drive to see if any core files exist and use those. That creates serious problems when core files become corrupt.

The best cure is to use a bootable program like DBAN (Security wipe software) and run a Quick Wipe (1 pass, all bits to 0).

Windows will then truly install a fresh copy. Solved many, many odd issues I've seen at work that caused Windows to repetitively fail.

Hi IPWN,
This has already been carried out by microscope 2005 by micro 2000 which is a lot my powerful than Dban already. So it is ready for windows.

Oh my God! How do I remove Text enhance?! Even after the very long full format, somehow text enhance on Google Chrome and even my saved passwords and history remained!

Text enhance has been driving me absolutely nuts for 8 or 9 months now. Its not in the extensions, I cant find it in Add/Remove Programs, nothing appears when I search for it, removing Chrome and reinstalling doesnt help, and everything Google told me to do was remove from extensions or remove from add/remove programs.

So let's get this right you have completed a full format using Microscope micro 2000 Inc. software, reinstalled windows and all your programs and now you can still see the details for Google chrome after the 2 formats and a new install?

Is the version of Google chrome you are using a portable Version? Or installed version?

After the format there will be nothing at all left.

Or is this a new thread if so please start it as a new thread.

Check out this link it tells you how to remove it.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120325145751AAByYNL

Second link gives more details about it and removal what media did you install

http://botcrawl.com/how-to-remove-text-enhance/

Kind Regards

Last edited:
Hi IPWN,
This has already been carried out by microscope 2005 by micro 2000 which is a lot my powerful than Dban already. So it is ready for windows.
Microscope-2000 might be more powerful.

but.

as said in that thread, it's too powerful for novice users, given that you can change something and brick the device
other people in that thread make the very valid point it's not really useful any more, it was made in the days when IDE/SCSI was king. that's not the case any more
Also it's not free, it's paid for software and the thread that you linked to contains links to illegal downloads.

(and for that reason I've removed the link)

So should people use this? if you know what you're doing yeah, otherwise why not use better more current software -people in that thread who did buy it say that it's not a good purchase...

Dariks boot and nuke (DBAN) on the other hand is very straight forward, burn the CD restart the computer and just press go!

For the original thread starter, (saying how do I properly format a drive) DBAN is probably a better solution -because it's simpler to use.

of course other valid answers would be use a windows XP disk and use format full then restart the computer after the format is complete, use a Linux install disk etc. but again these are all answers that are going to involve more messing about than burning a CD and pressing GO!

Root

Root,
Just to set the record straight I only came across the site, I did not Upload the files to be used nor did I know it was illegal, I only suggested when I see what it could do. I do not have an issue with using Dban other than it is a beta and not a full copy which could do more harm than good. I have also used this in the past and found it useful mainly to destroy a hard drive not fix it.

That was why I made a suggestion no more it is down to the user to download the file and use the product and also there should be a law to protect people who download that not know what they are downloading and are doing it to fix a problem I personally have broken no laws suggesting the site but the up loader yes quit true well have broken the law reading the laws on file sharing. So it was right of you to remove the link and meant no harm all I know is it works no more than that as my friend used it once. Like I say dban is ok but is a beta pack not a full licence copy Beta (being testing the software for bugs) when formatting comes in to the equation you don't want to be someone's trial I will be more careful in the future advising sites quit I may of made a mistake on this occasion there are too many laws in this area to read tonight but except defeat please remove the link also from

http://www.computerforums.org/forum...stems/cant-install-windows-220383/index4.html

and the last one

http://www.computerforums.org/forums/hardware/dell-inspiron-8600-having-sound-problems-220468.html

this page as well

Kind Regards

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom