Can't install Windows

The hard drive is only 2-3 months old so I don't think that is the problem. I just might buy a new one anyway because I can't seem to format the hard drive I have because of hidden and read only files/directories. I also can't seem to figure out how to add a GPT partition. Do we have a DOS topic tab on this forum or can someone help me with DOS commands?

The hard drive is only 2-3 months old so I don't think that is the problem. I just might buy a new one anyway because I can't seem to format the hard drive I have because of hidden and read only files/directories. I also can't seem to figure out how to add a GPT partition. Do we have a DOS topic tab on this forum or can someone help me with DOS commands?

You could try asking someone who has the site team tag, I hear they're a few hundred years old.

As for the hard drive, no offense to WD, but almost every WD drive I've had has died within 8 months of buying it. Hitatchi drives usually don't stick around long either.

Larisa said:
Thanks BK123, I will try that tomorrow. What does Seatools do exactly?

It will scan your HDD to check the health of it and it status and some other things..

Last edited:
This is a long time going thead so thought I would join in at number 4.

if you have the oem copies of windows use the following

Downloads

go to the following website and download Micro 2000 Microscope 2005

Microscope Diagnostic Suite : Software

Save the .ISO File and Burn It to a CD

Reboot the computer and enter setup into the bios and select boot from cd first in the boot squence settings.

let the cd load and enter 1 for graghics mode.

once it has loaded choose Diagnostics Fixed Disks and choose format.

let the program format the hard drive LBA and repair any bad sectors,clustors or cylindors.

once you have formated the hard drive this can take some time to do exit and reboot the computer.

now the hard drive is ready for windows, any version.

Install windows the normal way

if you still have problems give us a shout and I will try to Assist

Kind Regards

Are you not formatting the drive prior to install?

After the installation loads, select language.
Click Next
Click Install
Enter Key
Accept License agreement
Click "Custom (advanced)"
Select "Disk 0 ..." and select Drive options (advanced)
Click Format > select Yes
Click Delete > select Yes
If there are other partitions listed on Disk 0, (and you know there is no data there) then delete these as well.

Now, you should see:
Install_Windows_Vista_10.png

Since the partition table has now been completely deleted, just click Next and Vista will do the rest (hopefully).

Thanks for all of your ideas. I tried most of them, didn't buy the software that Fujitsu Technician recommended. I still have the same problem with a partial load (19-27%).

I've decided to send the motherboard back and get a different motherboard that doesn't have the UEFI BIOS.

Thanks again and much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom