tablet comparison

billozz

In Runtime
hey guys,
i know this might seem like a stupid question but can someone tell me if some of the tablets around such as the google tablet, are as good as an ipad and if not what are the main differences im just wondering if there is any justification in laying out for the ipad
thanks
Bill

I am not at all an apple fan, but i got to say that i think the Ipad is the second best thing apple are making. (next to the mac mini)
it's not too overpriced when you compare it to other tablets. (not like other apple products i can mention)
the main difference is the OS. it's Android VS IOS. there are ofcause more differences, but it depend on what tablet you are comparing the ipad with. you can fine different designs and build quality that match apples Ipad. so it's not like the Ipad are on a different level then Android tablets in general as some people make it out to be, because that is not true.

I'll suggest that you go to the computer store and try out both operating systems. find out if you are an Android guy or an apple guy.

I think I will "echo" that, in terms of hardware and spec there isn't really that much to tell between the top tablets it's all down to IOS vs Android.

Personally I've never got on with Android but that is purely my personaly preference, you will have those that have never been able to get on with IOS.

I'm far from an Apple fan boy, besides my iPhone and iPad I don't own any other mac products because I do think they are over priced when compared to their windows counter parts.

Definitely the best advice is to go to a computer store and play around with each, see what feels natural to you and then decide.

** Of course we have both neglected to mention any Windows based tablet devices, personally I've not had any experience with them (other than trying out Windows 8 on a desktop) so the only thing I have to say about that is that the number of Windows apps will be significantly lower than Android and IOS for some time.

I prefer iPad, I have tried an Android tablet and I didn't like it very much, Running 2.1, I love how iOS has so much more to offer, I have never really liked Android either as I cannot good very good apps for the phone and tablet I had. Everyone has different opinions when it comes to iOS and Android, Has anyone here tried the new Windows tablet's?

Last edited:
i haven't tried a windows tablet, but i am sure they have come to stay. they look good.

When talking about apps on android and IOS. i'll add that there are more FREE apps on the Android PLAY marked. also apps that are available on both Android and IOS tents to be a little cheaper on Android. That something to think about before buying a tablet.

i think they both have pros and cons, but even as i in general dislike apple i have to say that i think the ipad is quite good and somewhat fairly priced.

BK_123: Android Tablet running android 2.1. :lol:
you need to try out a tablet with version 3.0 or higher. Android 3.0 was the first tablet optimized Android OS.

I don't use the tablet anymore as it was one of those pendo pads and broke and stopped working after awhile, Yes I think the windows tablets will be here to stay, I should go and try one out for myself..

Ewww, you all like iPad xD

Im a big disliker to most things apple, over priced, and dont get much for your money. (actually you do its called over priced accessories). And it hurts than i have to sell them everyday to derps who think they are the best.

I love android because of the freedom it provides. and various other points. The only upside with going Apple is the App Market, there's hardly any fakes on there, and you always get the latest apps. Android market is full of fakes (you just learn to read the review) and its a couple of weeks behind on all major apps. But the most popular come out pretty much the same time.

Ipad is not the greatest. The new Asus Infinity is pretty awesome.
Along with the Samsung Note 10.1 and small nexus 7.

Each have there own used but all better than the ipad.

If you wanna save money, an ipad equivilent is the Samsung Tab2 10.1. The only difference it the screen resolution (to some people) is noticeably worse.

Samsung and Asus are making the best Tablets on the market.

Check them out!

Jake:
i'll agree with the most you are saying. I do however not agree that Ipad is shit.
if you compare it to other tablets you will see that it's not that much more expensive.
so if someone want to buy an apple product i'll say they are gonna be the least a¤¤ fucked by getting the Ipad or mac mini.
try to compare a mac mini to something like it on the PC side. there really are few options if you want that form factor with the CPU it has, and those how actual can mach the mac mini are usually i little more expensive or the same price just with a more plastic build.

i will any day rather buy an Android tablet then an ipad because of personal preferences.
i have a ASUS transformer TF101, and i think the ASUS Infinity and Nexus 7 are amazing.

I dislike and can't justify anything else from Apple. (especially the Mac Pro series)
btw: check the price on the new iphone 5. it's nothing less then crazy

Last edited:
I do however not agree that Ipad is shit.
Its definitely not, its screen is beautiful, and the app store is more advanced about it.
i have a ASUS transformer TF101,
I have the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, which is amazing, and bought a keyboard to go with for £20. These devices are so smooth and fluid, and quick from the get go. They beat boot up time of that of lower end and fruit companies by half.
check the price on the new iphone 5. it's nothing less then crazy
Indeed i have the GS3, its a great phone, and was amazing value for money until the new nexus pounded the market for just £329???

I personally don't like the iPad simply because it's too big and too expensive. I personally wouldn't consider a tablet that costs more than $400. At that price point, I'd rather have a netbook or a laptop. The iPad is arguably the best tablet available.

I prefer the 7" tablets as they are much more portable as well as more affordable. I have the Nexus 7 as well as a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and really like them both.

Both the Apple Appstore and Google Play claim to have 700,000 apps for download but there's probably far less than 100,000 unique apps as many apps are duplicated. How many alarm clock or flashlight apps do you need? Developers pretty much support both platforms although they tend to release an iOS app first. The Android base is growing rapidly (currently 75% market share) and I believe that, at some point in the near future, things will reverse and developers will release the Android app first.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom