PC wont boot (pictures)

argo

BSOD
I just uncovered my old PC from 2007 and I tried to boot it to see what was on there. It wont turn on though..

I have no idea about PC's and components, but I'm wanting to learn.
Can anyone spot anything that's out of place or not plugged in..

There seems to be a whole bunch of loose cords, but I cannot find a place to where they could possibly connect.

Here are some pictures of the inside of the PC.
4d12b4fb43bccc49b40706f4efa88dbd.png
cbc0fa220dcc7a1e00e84fca50eb2e9e.png
7bb3ee58c6a775d2c024a50dea89eab5.png
ec3402169cdf089bfed2bfae5aa06a80.png

Any help would be most appreciated

It looks like everything is connected. Those extra wires are for future components that one would add.

Clean the dust off of that CPU heat sink. Hopefully you didn't cook the CPU.

check the battery on the mottherboard, when its is dead some computers want even turn on without having a good battery.

I have been able to start the tower itself.
One of two DVD drives are working.
The fan is working.
I am unable to get a signal on the monitor though.
I have used two different AV cables, both have been tight in the tower and monitor.
I have an option to insert a 'DVI-D' cable, but I do not have one.. is this necessary?

need more info: what do you mean by AV cables? if your graphics card has AV cables then hook it up to your television. other wise leave it connected then re-cycle power I/O..if that doesn't do anything check to see if your card is seated in it's slot correctly. use your magical powers of systematic elimination! LOL

Last edited:
need more info: what do you mean by AV cables? if your graphics card has AV cables then hook it up to your television. other wise leave it connected then re-cycle power I/O..if that doesn't do anything check to see if your card is seated in it's slot correctly. use your magical powers of systematic elimination! LOL

http://www.bafo.com/products/200x200/VGA_1_m.gif

That's the only cables I have for the monitor

mmm kay are all your pins ok on the GFX card are they all there? check your cable as well once again make sure it is seated. i noticed that there is an empty slot on the back with the rear plate removed what's going on there? pull the video card out and put it in that slot maybe? once again make sure it's seated.

Back
Top Bottom