I got a job! That has nothing to do with tech...

vampist

Fully Optimized
:ermm:

I got a job for an agency working with the disabled. Pretty easy stuff mainly just grunt work. (I have disabled in my family so it comes natural) I really wanted a IT job though, for the experience and of course money...
I'm taking this job because I am really starting to get in a jam financially.

I have applied to a bunch of places, if I end up getting a call I may be in a cluster f!#$. A family friend pulled some strings to get me this job so if a better IT job comes up I'm not sure what I will do.

How did you get your current job? Job hunting, family/friend, or agency?

My short job history I can proudly say has been through hard work :)

Job 1 - 17 years old - Stacking shelves in B&Q (DIY Shop) - £12,000
Job 2 - 17 years old - Call centre for Royal Bank Of Scotland / NatWest - £16,000
Job 3 - 18 years old - Help Desk - Carillion / HMRC - £18,000
Job 4 - 20 years old - System Administrator - Carillion £20,000
Job 5 - 21 years old - Support Technician - Saber - £23,000
Job 6 - 21 years old - Software Developer (SQL / C#) - Safe Computing - £30,000

Jobs 4 - 6 came really quickly and were a result of me thinking on my feet, as a system admin I took countless manual laborious processes and automated them in Excel VBA, I used this to show the folks at Saber and they were impressed.
At Saber I began taking on less support and more development simply by completing tasks that we would usually turn down (through lack of a developer).
Saber then got taken over by Safe and they decided to take me on as a full time developer (through a good word from the MD of Saber).

4 Years and a total salary increase of £18,000 makes me hold my head up high and think I'm in a damn good position for a 21 year old right now.

My short job history I can proudly say has been through hard work :)

Job 1 - 17 years old - Stacking shelves in B&Q (DIY Shop) - £12,000
Job 2 - 17 years old - Call centre for Royal Bank Of Scotland / NatWest - £16,000
Job 3 - 18 years old - Help Desk - Carillion / HMRC - £18,000
Job 4 - 20 years old - System Administrator - Carillion £20,000
Job 5 - 21 years old - Support Technician - Saber - £23,000
Job 6 - 21 years old - Software Developer (SQL / C#) - Safe Computing - £30,000

Jobs 4 - 6 came really quickly and were a result of me thinking on my feet, as a system admin I took countless manual laborious processes and automated them in Excel VBA, I used this to show the folks at Saber and they were impressed.
At Saber I began taking on less support and more development simply by completing tasks that we would usually turn down (through lack of a developer).
Saber then got taken over by Safe and they decided to take me on as a full time developer (through a good word from the MD of Saber).

4 Years and a total salary increase of £18,000 makes me hold my head up high and think I'm in a damn good position for a 21 year old right now.

I'm just shy of 23 and you're doing a heck of a lot better than I! :thumb:

My reputation for being honest, intelligent, and good with figures got me where I am today. I used to work for the owners of this property at some of their other properties. I stayed with one of the property's they sold and wound up out on my ass for several years.
I ran in to the big guy and he put me right back to work no questions asked. Now I'm back managing a little place for them.
The hospitality industry is always looking for eager to work people. Check the hotels around you. You might be surprised.

Only had one job (the one Im in now) O and A level passes got me here, £60.000 PA ... atm and love it :)

Good luck with your new job vampist

*= WildCat =* said:
Only had one job (the one Im in now) O and A level passes got me here, £60.000 PA ... atm and love it :)

Good luck with your new job vampist

What do you do for a living?

Thanks guys. Just waiting to be scheduled in for training. (lots of training for this job...)

Back
Top Bottom