several problems with HP dv6000

indrek121

Beta member
Hi,

My hp Pavilion dv6000 has several problems. It´s clock doesn´t keep correct time. It´s network turns often off and comes back when i remove and reconnect the network cable. And also one of the USB ports doesn´t work. I´ve heard that the problem with clock could be caused by CMOS battery. Could other problems be caused by that too? It would be appropriate to mention that few months ago i changed my operating system from windows xp to windows 7 and all of those problems came up after that. So i would like to know if I must take my computer to computer repair or are those problemscausedby changing windows and can I solve them on my own?

Thank you

Go to the HP site and let it scan your system. It will take in to consideration what OS you're running and give you a list of drivers and system updates as you need.
Try that first.
I have a DV6205 that went up from XP to Vista with a few minor hiccups. I let HP scan and installed the updates for it. She purrs like a kitten now.

The problem is you have an HP DV6000. Those, and their Compaq counterparts are notoriously problematic.

The clock has everything to do with the CMOS battery. Check the drivers for the network.

Which USB port is bad? Is it the one next to the power jack? If so, there is a wire inside the laptop connecting it to the motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom