Did we ever have a facebook page?

I'm not sure if VB3 has a FB option. VB4 does. I had my forum linked to a FB page. I eventually disabled it due to so many bots but no signups.
If the owners here decide to do this, then using the built in registration here is a more secure route to go rather than using the quick signup from FB. It bypasses the normal security measures.

this page shows exactly why I don't think that there should be a face book group attached to this forum.

it's a place where people are getting advice without coming to this forum.
it's effectively keeping people away from the forums -they are getting help elsewhere, not encouraging people to join and become a part of the community.

also.
in the first few minutes I see random spam in a foreign language by Nikhil Kapure, and they link to other groups.
and I also see that there is a user advertising their business.
if you look down towards the start of the page:
Zachary Claret-Scott is asking (in Jan) how he configures his web page then by November he's apparently gotten a computer support business that he's using the page to advertise. (admittedly it's not like he's trying to hide the fact that it's just him and friends trying to make some money.)

we don't know who these people are in terms of whether they are long term members or random people, basically it seems that the facebook group, far from trying to get people here is actually more of a if you're on line chat facility that looks pretty much completely un-moderated. or at least if not un-moderated moderated by different rules to this forum...
which leads to the problem, what if a user joins the face book group decides that the people there are cool and comes back to this forum to make more friends? they are going to find the whole experience completely different!

Back
Top Bottom