Interest in Security

berry120 thank you very much for the info and suggestions (I will be looking at these)

You're welcome!

vampist thank you also for your suggestions , as to a job related ... no I am already involved in a career that I love and is very well paid
Hold onto that - they're hard to come by!

that's the reason I suggested studying towards a comptia.

the curriculum for pretty much all the "A/network/security/Linux etc" + tests are really well rounded, they start with the basics, honestly when you start looking at it you'd think that you were wasting your time it's so simple. but does go to a reasonable level.

then because the comptia courses are so popular you'll find load of resources online to help you learn the stuff, and if you feel like testing yourself then you'll also find free practice tests...

would I recommend that you actually spend the money and do the test? no. but that's because I place pretty much no value in bits of paper.
Actually in all the jobs I've had they have seen paper qualifications, but then had tests (either verbal or written (or both) on the interview.)

in fact the only place where there wasn't a test and they did value paper was when I went to work for a university.

the reason I recommended following a course or doign structured learning is because it gives you a good start / middle / end, not me saying look at all the features of Microsoft threat management gateway, that's got loads to do with security, so you could pick a feature then go all out to learn about it, but it's a big product.

Back
Top Bottom